Tuesday, May 31, 2005

What A Weekend!

You know, I was thinking. Over this past absolutely stunning weekend many things were going on in my life. First of all preparations for the Eigth Anual Memorial Day Open and the Mollette Family Shin Dig to follow occupied most of my time and energy. Couple that with a dear friend and his family coming out from Pennsylvania, I was busy for three and a half days pretty much non stop. It never ceases to amaze me as to how cooperative people can be with one another when things are important to them. First of all #1 and his family were out on Saturday and Sunday to help prepare the Tuttle Hill Road Compound for the festivities to come. Second of all my oldest nieces who remains numberless (long story, not going there), was down and really took the reigns of helping momma with her preparations, especially yesterday. Combine that with the work put in by the Fraley contigent and the fact that my brother Jerry brought down his sound equipment and karaoke stuff, we had us a fine time with about 50 in attendance. My new "Big Honkin Grill" was officially christend and preformed beautifully and all in attendance had a great time. You know as much as I love the golf outings, it really is the after outing activities that excite me. I love the five "F's": Food, Fellowship, Family, Friends & Fun! We all had a great time. What are some of the things that really make you stop and realize how blessed you are? This weekend was one of those times for me. There was a moment while I was actually cutting grass that it hit me as to how blessed I am as a person. So many people in my life that I truly love and so many who truly love me! It is awesome! What about you? What is important to you? Leave me your thoughts. Be blessed today!

5 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Doug, love the post. I love it when I have one of those BAM!!!!!!!! moments. Wow I am blessed. I guess the things that are most important to me are God, Wife&Kids, then Church family. I used to just say this, but now I mean it more than ever.
A few months ago, someone told me (we were talking about Bible study time) "You have to make a decision, [if you're gonna skip Bible study] Is this more important than my time w/ God?" I was severely convicted by that statement, b/c I can't tell you how many times I had stayed up late to watch a movie or play a game, and as a result, skipped my AM Bible study. Not anymore.
Sorry for the longwinded reply, but you hit a nerve with the "important" thing. God Bless you, and you obviously are already Blessed Today!
Sammy

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger big j said...

One of the moments for me was last week. I was sitting at home with my wife and son. We where wacthing the cat and dog play. And it was at that moment I looked around the house at my wife and my son. It was like every thing slowed down, And I just knew right there and then, that I was blessed to be where I'm at today. To look back on my life and to think of everything up to that point. And how my life could have gone into countless dirrections how much God has been there for me. and has seen me past alot of bad places, that if I didn't have God and my family to see me out of the dark places. I don't know where I would be today. have a good day guys :-)
big j

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jay said...

you just had to be there!!

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Russell said...

It's amazing when it "hits you." You're sitting there and all of a sudden you realize what you have been given. You wonder how anyone in the world could be more blessed than you. Then you realize that there are others similarly blessed and that God is much bigger than ever imagined. It's an amazing revelation. GIG

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Puts tears in my eyes to realize just how much God has blessed my and my family. We had quite the enjoyable w/e. Packed with the five F's as DEP puts it. My Golf game was pretty sad but I had great fellowship with J and Frank. to God be the glory

 

Post a Comment

<< Home