Friday, June 30, 2006

Going Onward

You know, I was thinking. Normally I like to do a feast and ode something on Fridays, but today I am just not in the mood to do that. It's either that or I can't really think of anything to ode. Many wonderful things are going on right now in my life and I need to step back and give the Father some praise. I just got back from the Pilgrimage this past weekend and am still flying on that high a little bit even today. I have had a chance to spend some great time with some brothers in the Lord both Wednesday and Thursday this week and have enjoyed that tremendously. I have the opportunity and privilege to present the lesson this Sunday morning and am excited about that. I haven't done this in a couple of years so I might be a little rusty. I have also already spent and am going to spend more time tonight with you know who from you know where!

The one thing that is most exciting is that Rachel is getting the opportunity to go to Guatemala for a week of missions work! She and a group from her church are going down there to help build houses. Now, I know that I will miss her tremendously while she is gone but I could not be more excited about her going on this trip. God has gifted her is so many areas and I am just a proud as I can be that she cares enough about people to make this kind of sacrifice. I am saying all of this to solicit your prayers on Rachel's behalf as well as all of the others who will be going on this trip. Pray that hearts will be touched while they are there and that lives will be turned over to Jesus.

I hope all of you have a safe and blessed 4th of July weekend and that as you celebrate our freedom, don't forget that it came at a price! Be blessed beyond belief today.

1 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we have so much to thank Him for. I told "you know who" last night I was jealous of her opportunity to serve and I pray we soon too develop the where withall to do likewise. I know the mission field is all around us but I just feel convicted that I personally and NewSong as a community needs to be active in global missions. Oh and have a nice weekend. Oh, IDYBTIMBO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home