Monday, June 19, 2006

Monday Madness - Fathers Day Style

You know, I was thinking. I just don't know what to do sometimes. The weekends just keep on getting better and better. God has blessed me so richly with great family and friends over the years. Now add to that mix one very special lady, and you get a very full life. God's blessings sometimes come in packages that aren't recognized as blessings. For instance what we refer to as valleys are without a doubt blessings from the father. The valley that I was blessed to go through a few months ago prepared me for what God was doing for me now. He really does know what is best!

But, back to this weekend. Without going into great detail let me give you the highlights:

Friday Night - Went to Rachel's and we went to dinner with both of her boys and then just spent some time together.

Saturday Morning - Got up early to get the yard work done, then went to Ypsi and bought a new battery for the WWII.

Saturday Afternoon - Yup, headed back to Rachel's for an afternoon of graduation parties (she is a teacher you know). On the way there I thought to myself "I wonder what everyone is doing for Fathers Day?" So, I did what any good man does, I called a woman to find out (in this case it was Sis)! She had said that she had not made any plans yet. So I told her to find out if everyone wanted to do a little impromptu cookout on Sunday. A few minutes later I got a call and found out that pretty much everyone was in! Wonderful, but I will have to do some shopping before hand in order to have something to cook on the BHG!

Saturday Evening - Graduation parties are over and Rachel's plans were to come and stay at the compound and go to church with me on Sunday (and of course stay for the above mentioned cookout). We arrive at the compound and I do a quick inventory of available BHG products in the freezer and then it was off to the store to do a little shopping. The phrase "woman get your shoes on and let's go" did come out of my mouth. Fortunately it was met with laughter! Whew, that was a close call!

Sunday Morning - Raceday in Brooklyn so it's time to take the back roads to Tecumseh. Wonderful service at NewSong, sports Sunday on Fathers Day. I wore my vintage Al Kaline jersey! With the exception of only one OSU jersey, the place was filled with great pro and college wearables. Not an MSU anything in sight either!

Sunday Afternoon - Prep time at the compound! Much to do to get ready to feed about 17 people, but the BHG and the grillmaster have it completely under control. Not to mention that I had the help of a beautiful assistant this day (yup, she's got some grillin' potential)! Everyone is at the compound by 2:30 but in the interim the compound brain trust (that's ONOM, Quatro and myself) have some deep metephorical discussions (for more see ONOM's blog). Then we do what all good MolletteFraleyCouture's do! WE ATE! The yardsbird, burgers and sausage were devoured (as well as chips, beans, coleslaw, etc...) and everyone had a happy smile on there faces.

Sunday Evening - First downtime that I had all weekend. Everyone (including you know who) had left by about 6 p.m. I flipped on the tv and became mindless for awhile. I think I even dosed off for a couple of holes of the U.S. Open! But it was good! Great day of fun and now a little time of reflection for me! Great weekend!

Hope all of you had a chance to give honor to your fathers yesterday. I know that I spent some time reflecting on my dad and of course I spent a little time just missing him. We all have a great Father who deserves the honor everyday. Don't forget to take some time with Him today. Be blessed beyond belief today.

6 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, from what I heard at group last night thats two weeks in a row for a little down time on Sunday evenings for you!! I got my snooze early yesterday afternoon!!!IDYBTIMBO

PS: Aside from Sleepy, can you name the other 6 dwarfs??And who do they remind you of??Just keep that to yourself but think about it. I would not want to hurt anyones feelings. I will give you one and that is "DOC"...

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Doc - Kevon "Doc" Flue
Happy - Manny Walsh
Dopey - Well, you claimed it not me (HUH?)
Bashful - Tricia Fraley
Grumpy - Nobody you'd know
Sneezy - Me on a bad Alergy Day
and of course Sleepy - Jim during football season.
B4T

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The service yesterday was indeed incredible!! Glad to hear you had a great time with Rachael your family.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

lol I never thought of the Happy dwarf reference! I love it.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I am getting very impressed with you new abilities..Adding links and such to your posts!!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Doug..you're a madman. Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home