Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Rachel Wednesday #8 – What Will Happen Next?

You know, I was thinking. Saturday April 8, 2006 – This day shall forever be known as the day that I couldn’t get Rachel off my mind. I got up early that day to go and be a part of the team that was taking care of scrap metal at the Raisin Township dump day. Pastor Tom was leading the charge and had a full crew of men ready to work. I remember thinking to myself that “I need to call her!” I was so sure that God was answering a prayer for us and I just wanted to make sure that she was feeling the same way. So I waited a couple of hours until I had an opportunity to sneak away from the rest of the boys and I called her. When she answered the phone I said hello, and she giggled! I asked her how she was doing this morning, she said “fine” and she giggled! I told her that what happened the previous evening was very special to me. She confirmed that the moment was very special to her as well, and she giggled! I have found this to be a pattern with this particular woman now. She likes to laugh and she’s not afraid to do it often. After a short conversation with her I got back to doing the tasks that were before me that day, but I just couldn’t stop thinking of Rachel. By the way, I called her again that evening and you guessed it, more giggling!

Well, the rest of the week was still filled with both a busy schedule for the lovely school teacher, and much praying by the both of us. You see, they had play performances set for Thursday and Friday (Good Friday) that week and she still had to finish four days worth of teaching as well as pack for her upcoming trip. The trip over Easter break was a simple one. She was to go to her sister’s house in Tennessee and then make plans to meet this other match. I must say that although I knew that Rachel had to meet this guy in order to clear her mind and make her decisions about what she was wanting in her life, I sure didn’t want it to happen. I was beginning to realize that all of those feelings that had been developing inside of me were not mere infatuation or attraction, but that I was starting to feel a true romantic type of love for Rachel. You see, I haven’t felt this feeling in a number of years so it was kind of strange to me and took some time to recognize, but that is indeed what it was! Love! I didn’t plan on it, but it is what I was feeling! I was still praying for God’s will to be done and hoping that I would be obedient enough to follow His will. But in the same breath, I knew that God understood how I wanted this whole thing to play out. I had made the decision that I would not call her again that week because I didn’t want to put unfair pressure on her or cause more confusion. So I just prayed and waited, and waited, and waited until Wednesday night.

Wednesday April 12, 2006 at about 10 p.m. Rachel called me. I had just turned out the living room lamp and was getting ready to go to bed. She was very excited when I answered the phone. I asked her what was going on and she told me that God had given her a clear answer as to what she was supposed to do about this decision that she had to make! You see both of us really wanted God’s will in any potential relationship that either one of us were to have. Both of us wanted God right in the middle of everything and we knew that if we just waited on Him, then He would give the answer! We got that answer on April 12; you will get it next Wednesday. Be blessed beyond belief today.

4 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

You are going to leave me hangin' like this?? Can I guess??=)

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know it occurred to me that I have heard that giggle over the phone. I found this great website that may describe that romantic feeling you are having.

I don't know how to insert a link in comments yet, but if you click on the "Where's Jim" link above it should take you there!!!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Good one Jim! B4T

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

is it spring time. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home