Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What Are You Teaching Me Lord?

You know, I was thinking. Today has started out very strange for me. I mean stranger than usual. It all started last night with a couple of very wierd dreams that woke me up. When I woke up it took me over an hour to go back to sleep, but I finally did. The next part of the morning went like this: Alarm goes off at 5:00 a.m., hit the snooze. Alarm goes off at 5:07 a.m., hit the snooze. Alarm goes off at 5:14 a.m., hit the snooze. Alarm goes off at 5:21 a.m., hit the snooze. Alarm goes off at 5:28 a.m., finally I drag my butt out of bed. After shaving (part of) my face, brushing my teeth, taking my medicine and setting the trash out by the road, it's off to the gym for my (late) morning workout! I arrive at about 5:55 and know that I need to get back on schedule. I set the treadmill for only 17 minutes and my legs are so sore from playing ball on Sunday that I am only able to do a very fast walk without any running involved! Instead of the usual 1.86 miles, I find myself doing only 1.35 miles! But, I am now only about 10 minutes behind schedule and am working my gut and arms next! By the time I finish with my shower I have trimmed my late start to only 5 minutes behind schedule. I thought to myself "I can live with this, no problem." So I get in the car and I am off to my normal Saline coffee stop. I go in and the clerk has my usual already poured and ready for me. I lay the money on the counter, grab a lid, get back in the WWII, turn the key and here the sound of a battery dying! Well, I've been here before so I'll just wait a couple of minutes and see if the battery will pick back up in a little bit. You see, I have had this same experience recently and I am convinced that this is just a minor set back. Well, no dice! The battery is still dead! What to do, what to do? I know, I'll just call Rachel and let the car set for a while as I talk to her. Long story short here, after about a 40 minute conversation with the lovely teacher from Waterford, the car still won't start! So I get off of the phone and begin to look under the hood. Now, like every good owner of a 17 year old car would have, I have tools! I take off the battery cables, clean them a little bit and put them back on the battery. The car still won't start. I saw a guy coming out of the coffee shop and I asked him if he would mind giving me a jump start? I said that I had cables (refer back to the 17 year old car comment) and he said sure. I hooked up the cables to the WWII, he pulled up and popped his hood. I hooked the cables to his battery, turned the key and the WWII was purring like a kitten! I thanked him, wished on him a blessing from the Lord and I drove off to work. I arrived only 10 minutes past my normal starting time (I am normally an hour early) so it was no big deal.

I share all of this to say......................THIS IS THE DAY THAT THE LORD HAS MADE, I WILL REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT. No matter what happens, God is in control. He is the source of my joy. It's not my car, my sleep, my coffee, my workout, my girlfriend (sorry hun) nor my current situation or circumstances! I love you Lord and I give this day to you. Be blessed beyond belief today.

8 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Nehemiah said, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." Neh 8:10

Great post today...just wonder what your reaction would have been say 15 or 20 yrs ago. :)

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

To be very honest sam, I could see me on the street just pulling my hair out over this one. I would have probably called off at work and allowed the enemy to have a field day with my emotions! God has blessed me so much that I can't even begin to thank Him for where I am today. I can't wait to see what the next 20 years holds! Thanks for the thoughts my brother. B4T

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to have our perspectives in order. It makes seeing things so much easier!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Let's see if the bible has anything to say about this. Ah yes it's in 1 Corinthians 13:2 from the DEPKJV version

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge(especially all gramatical things); and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Just remember that all things are to be done in love! B4T

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

love ya Dougie. Glad to see everything worked out for the Greater of our Lord.

 
At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm.. could be you need a new battery and hmmm could be you should get up instead of hitting the snooze. dunno, just a hunch...TIMBO

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Grerat testimony DEP. So how did the rest of your day go? Ususlly when these events happen God is preparing to do great works

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

RKJV-Just wanting you to know that I wasn't feelin' the love in that comment was all. You have my PERMISSION to continue to nitpick all you want.
TIMBO-it would be too easy to just get out of bed when the alarm goes off the first time. Yes, I do need a new battery.
Kodiak-The rest of the day was extremely busy but good! I am not sure as to what is around the corner but I pray that I am prepared for what God has in mind.
B4T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home