Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Needing A Break

You know, I was thinking. Why does life have to get so dog gone complicated at times? I am not complaining but just at the moment it appears that I will get to have some quality down time....................Bam! Something comes up and snatches that away from me. I know that maybe I need a little cheese to go with my whine here but that's just what I am feeling right now. I need to take a break and do it pretty soon.

By the way, part of this whole thing is that Rachel and I have moved up the wedding date to January 2, 2007. The reason...........................WE'RE TIRED OF DRIVING! It is very hard on a relationship when there is a 3 hour round trip commute standing between you and the one that you love. God has blessed me with the most wonderful person on the planet and I don't want to be away from her. On the 2nd we're having a small and simple ceremony with only a few family members present. We are still going to have July 14th as the day of the reception and will be sending out the invitations for that but for now we'll get hitched five weeks from today!

Another thing that is going on right now is a severe slow down at work. We are going to shut down our plant for two weeks over the holidays. In my six years here this is a first! It winds up being very convient for me, and since I will be taking the week off after the wedding for a short honeymoon, I will get three weeks in a row off! I think this could be just the break that I am looking to have. The big fear here is that things will get so slow that our company couldn't endure it! We're just going to have to wait and see.

I am going to take a break from regular blogging for awhile. Who know's how much I will post between now and the first of the year but I will do some sporatic postings I am sure. So all of you who read this regularly and are used to me commenting on your posts please understand that I will be back, but for now I need a little break. Have a very merry Christmans and a fantastic New Year but more importantly, be blessed beyond belief today.

12 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So does this mean that you'll be bbq'ing at the reception?

Have a rest, bro. You deserve it.

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moving up the date because of driving? Yeah right...

Hey, I'm organizing a New Years day Rose Bowl party (assuming Michigan is playing in it). Think you can fit that in before your big day?

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Blogfather, you are the first to invite me to a New Year's day party of any kind. Get me the specifics as to what time said festivities will begin. I am assuming a late afternoon start to the Rose Bowl so this might just be doable. B4T

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The silence was deafening.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hey, I made my statement in my post and I am sticking to what I said. Hawkman, I may just take you up on your generous offer! Just don't know how much work I can get done at the Hotel Hawkins these days! B4T

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

farewell old friend.. till we blog again...

Should auld acquaintance be forgot

And never brought to mind?

Should auld acquaintance be forgot

And days of auld lang syne?

For auld lang syne, my dear,

For auld lang syne

We'll tak a cup o' kindness yet

For auld lang syne.

And surely ye'll be your pint stoop

And surely I'll be mine

And we'll tak a cup o' kindness yet

For auld lang syne.

We twa hae run about the braes

And pou'd the gowans fine

But we've wander'd mony a weary foot

Sin' auld lang syne.

We twa hae paidl'd i' the burn

Frae mornin' sun till dine

But seas between us braid hae roared

Sin' auld lang syne.

And here's a hand, my trusty fiere

And gi'e's a hand o' thine

And we'll tak a right good willy waught

For auld lang syne.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

We'll keep you lifted up in prayer Pudge. The stress of the wedding and that which is associated with the upcoming holidays can be overwhelming. Some needed downtime is good for the Pudgeman and Your lovely to be Mrs. Pudgeman or would that be Pudgewoman?

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin' that it would be best not to associate the word "Pudge" with ANY woman's name - regardless of her relationship to DEP. It's just safer that way.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

I am with Bruiser on this one! B4T

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

I found this and thought it might apply. At least a curious application. Food for thought anyway...

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making of many blogs there is no end; and of much reading of blogs is a weariness of the flesh" Ecclesiastes 12:12
"Who is this that darkeneth counsel by blogging without knowledge?" Job 38:02 (Blogger's Version)

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

I like your bible translation here! B4T

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

LOL Jim, and I'm glad you won't have to "drive" so long...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home