Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Much To Do, But Little To Say

You know, I was thinking. Most of you are aware that my mother has been in the hospital for the past week because of poor circulation in her right leg. Long story short, mother had a bypass done on her leg and is progressing nicely through her recovery in the hospital. I would like to say that this is the main reason that I haven't blogged for the past couple of weeks but it would only be an excuse. I have had a full plate lately and have felt drained of anything to give on this blog. I am doing well but I simply haven't had anything to say or to share, at least nothing that seemed at all relevent. This morning I looked at Pastor Tom's blog about being busy! My first thought was that I have said that so many times in the past month that I can't even begin to count them. But, I must say that I have hit a time of setting some greater priorities in my life in order to have some more control.

Over the past couple of weeks I have attempted to plan events. My plans are usually good until some kind of emergency happens or something unexpected occurs. I do have much to accomplish each day, but it is not all work. I do build in time for recreation and relaxation. Those two items seem to be the first to go when I get swamped. The next things to go would be my creative outlets like blogging or reading. I will often skip these in order to get everything else in. If things are still hectic that's when my ability to function actually comes in to question. This is the point where I find myself today. I have had to cut out a couple of activities in order to get back to center. It is worth this effort.

I don't write any of this in order to gain sympathy or to complain. I know that there are several who have enjoyed (for whatever reason) reading my blog over these past months and I wanted to let you know that I am still alive. I just really haven't had much to say lately. I hope to blog again before the week is over but we'll just have to wait and see. Until I have something more to say please be blessed beyond belief today.

22 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger loved truly said...

I am happy to hear that your mom is doing well.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Remember what you told me some time ago????
Just do it!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Your priorities are in the right. That's what matters.

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger big j said...

I see, The more july comes near the less and less we will see from you. like j said just do it.

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quit hiding behing your mamma! Sure parents are important, but preaching the Gospel is more important.
The Cost of Following Jesus
57As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, "I will follow you wherever you go."

58Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

59He said to another man, "Follow me."
But the man replied, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father."

60Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God."

61Still another said, "I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say good bye to my family."

62Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry forgot to include the referance:

Luke 9

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Anonymous, First of all I really wish you would feel comfortable enough to share your identity. If you are that insecure then it's fine to hide yourself. Secondly, when did I make any excuses that my mothers illness was keeping me from following Jesus or being obedient to him. I was simply explaining to my avid readers why I had not been posting on my blog. You sound a little bit angry to me and it would appear that you wish to start an argument! I don't care to do that if it's alright with you Mr. or Ms. Anonymous! I think that one of the problem with many in the religious community today is that they go off half cocked about a topic that they are completely ignorant about. Walk a mile in someone elses shoes before you start being judgemental and casting stones. B4T

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The funniest part of the Anonymous post is the first two words...

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are like a dog, all bark and no bite. American Christians don't take Christ teachings seriosly. Where are your scars where is your persecution. You have a weak faith. You don't know what it means to sacrifice for the sake of the kingdom. You are into a sensuous gospel. You are too wrapped up in yourselves like a mummy. If I had to guess, I would say that you are not involved with any ministry outside of your church and closed minded to where the real ministry is. It's no wonder your country is in such shambles, American Christian's don't care about the lost outside of your church. You expect God to magically bring the lost to your door and you will have another mega church that teached another watered down gospel.

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russell sound like he is a preachers kid who expects to get to heaven because his mom or dad preaches! Am I right? Mmm

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Brandon, I don't believe that. Surprised you would ask...

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's Brandon?

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your silence is an admission of guilt!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Russell said...

What would I be guilty of? Ignoring ignorance?

Guilty as charged... starting...........NOW!

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, a coined phrase! How long did it take you to come up with that one?

I believe I was directing my response to Mr. Pudge. Can't Doug answer for himself?

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

This is the first I knew that your mom was having surgery! How did the surgery go? More importantly How is your mom doing? Keep me posted!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Well Brandon yes I can. If this is your idea of expanding the kingdom of heaven then I believe you had better re-think it. It is alright to challenge someone to excellance but to be outright rude and critical is another story all together. If you have your act together that well then go ahead and cast the first stone! I am guilty has charged! I never have and never will do enough to advance the cause of Christ in my lifetime. I guess I don't have my act as together as well as you do. But, I will do the best I can with what I have been given. Some days that is a little better than others. If you wish to challenge a position that I take on an issue that is fine. If all you wish to do is to harrass and criticize a man when he is obviously stress out, then you do have that option. But, at least have the guts to identify yourself! It is time to grow up a little don't you think? Never the less, I do wish for God's richest blessings on you and for your love to grow as you mature. B4T

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Kodiak, mom is recovering but very slowly. I should have some kind of an update to share by tomorrow. Thanks for asking. B4T

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Doug, I didn't think that you forgot about us, just that there are other priorities at this point in time. Notice...I have not blogged in a while myself.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Russell said...

hum... Kodiak, you were at the Men's group last night when we prayed for Dougs mom... oh wait, that's Brandon pretending to be Kodiak.. nevermind....

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Brandon was at work today so it was not him. It appears that my IP address was hacked. This is called IP Spoofing. I do not know why somebody decided to hijack it but they did. As the result of this there may have been some things inappropriately said. For this I apologize.

Russell, I know we prayed for someone's leg to heal but I didn't know who we were talking about. I guess I should have asked.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Here is the error message I received:


Your IP address is temporarily blocked because you or someone else from your IP or someone else using the same proxy as you have recently used this service.

 

<< Home