Friday, November 03, 2006

I Must Apologize

You know, I was thinking. Yesterday I responded to a comment very harshly on my blog. Now, the things that I said were what I meant to say but I called out Brandon without proper proof that he was the person making the comments that I found personally offensive. Regardless of who did the writing it was wrong of me to call him out like that. Brandon, I am truly sorry.

I wish to deal with this problem from a cooler perspective today. I will give all of you a little insight about me and this blog. I found the comments by "Anonymous" to not only be offensive but I also found them to be judgemental and personally insulting. I was hurt by them and those of you that know me do know that I have a pretty thick skin. I have been under a great deal of stress lately because of many things going on in my life (most of them good by the way, just time consuming) and for someone to talk to a person like that is wrong. Comments like those will never serve a purpose no matter what. I also have determined in my own mind that anyone who says what Anonymous said without revealing their true identity has no backbone or morals to begin with. If this was meant as a joke then it wasn't funny. If this is really how they felt then I have serious concerns for their spiritual well being.

Going forward I will delete any comments that are posted anonymously where the person does not reveal their identity. I will also ask that the regular readers of this blog pay no attention to any anonymous comments if you read them before I am able to delete them. If you respond to an anonymous comment then I will delete your response as well.

On a final note, let's all work together to further the kingdom of God. We won't do it by being dogmatic, judgemental or insulting to others. I will always come up short in my efforts to further God's kingdom and I can never do enough good to offset the sins that I have committed in my life. What I can do is go forward in love, do the best that I can with what I have and then strive to do better. God loves unconditionally and He is the one that will judge and believe me He neither loves or judges anonymously. Be blessed beyond belief today.

4 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may have had something to do with your misguided call out of Brandon. Sorry for leading you astray. This one is on me.

I agree with the rest of your post. Completely off base and whoever actually said those things should be ashamed of themselves.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

well said. I have been absent from the blogs for the last few days.
I am sorry that these things were said to such a kind, loving, sacrificing man.
This is a wonderful forum to discuss ideas, post updates about family and what not. Unfortunately with freedom comes license, and people take license to abuse others behind "anonymous" headings.
I am praying for whomever said those things, that he or she will find peace and comfort in a true relationship with Jesus.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Wow...where have I been??? Love you Pudge!!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Obviously, this person does not know that DEP has a servants heart. Blessings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home