Monday, November 13, 2006

The Clash In Columbus

You know, I was thinking. This years Michigan/OSU game is shaping up to be one of the best ever! I cannot personally remember a bigger game then this one. The winner WILL go to the National Championship game and the loser.........might go there too? Funny how this could work out. If Michigan were to pull off the upset the odds that these to teams would meet again in Phoenix would be very high. My understanding is also that if Michigan were to lose a very close game we could see the same results! Now, if you are not a fan of college football, not a fan of the Big Ten conference and especially if you are not a Michigan or OSU fan, this will be just another week for you. But for those who back the Maize & Blue or the Scarlet & Gray, this is a special week. There is one particular OSU graduate who has been more vocal than usual this year about his precious Buckeyes and because I don't want to embarass Jim I won't mention his name here. OOOOOPS, I just did! Well, at least I didn't tell you his last name is Yearsin, that would have been a terrible thing to do. But if this person is reading this I am sure he will make his comments about Carr's record against Tressel. He may also mention how OSU was viewed as unstoppable this year. He will probably even through out some stats that support his position as a OSU alumnus and fan. But he will never be able to convince me that this game is over before it begins. This has got the potential to be one of the greatest games ever played in the history of college football. Here is what I said back on October 19:

NCAA Football: With two power houses going at it on November 18 I believe that the Michigan/OSU game will be the game that determines the National Champion! I will predict that both teams will go into this game undefeated and that there will be a great defensive battle in the Horseshoe. No matter what I do I can't pick OSU to win this game. Final score will be the Maize & Blue 24 - the Scarlet & Gray 21!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Be blessed beyond belief today.

6 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Nuff said. Saturday will tell.


Oh yeah - GO BLUE!

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know it just occurred to me that this is not the first time I have been called out on the internet. By the way how did the rest of the prophecies you made back in October work out for you? Oh yes this is a very big week. It is the week we look forward to all year, the Pittsburgh game!! Go Browns!!!

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

First of all I don't have prophecies I make predictions! Secondly, the rest of my predictions are irrelevant! This is the one that really counts right now! Have fun in the land of Cleve! B4T

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a little nugget of information to be found toward the end of my blog in regard to this topic.

Hey pudgely, did you hear who the Tigers got? Your thoughts? I'm starting to warm up to him now.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hawkman, I would agree that if Rutgers remains undefeated that they should have a shot at the title game. They have had a very good season thus far. But, I think that because both Michigan and OSU have had a (in my humble opinion) a tougher schedule then Rutgers that the BCS committee might just lean a little heavy that way depending on the exact outcome of the game.
Puppy, Gary Sheffield will make an outstanding addition to the boys who wear the old english D! Another great weapon in Leyland's aresenol! I think his regular role as DH will help this club score some much needed runs especially in those really tight one and two run games. Nice aquisiton by Dombrowski! B4T

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jan. 1
pasadena, calif
bcs vs. bcs mchigan vs usc
whobody predicts january bowls
wow what who when where why

 

Post a Comment

<< Home