Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sports!

You know, I was thinking. Lately I have been kind of quiet about the success of our amazing Tigers this year. I have commented on other posts in the past couple of months on this topic but I haven't said much here. Well, let me start off by saying that so far I have predicted the winner of each of the divisional playoffs and the ALCS with pinpoint acuracy. Alright maybe I missed how long the series would go but I did predict each and every winner. Tonight will determine if my streak continues or ends. I picked the Mets in six. The Mets and Cards meet in game seven this evening and if the Mets win, then the streak continues. The final prediction..............TIGERS WIN! If I must predict how long the series will go then I will give the Mets (or Cards) the benefit of the doubt and say that the Motor City boys win it in five (not every series can be a sweep)! You've got to love the fact that Detroit has won seven playoff games in a row!

While I'm at it here are some other predictions for other sports this year:

The Lions: On the heals of their first win I believe the Lions will have a better season than they have over the past several. They won't make the playoffs this year but I will go out on a limb and say that they will finish 8 & 8!

The Pistons: Not going to be the same without Big Ben but just as good! I say that the central is theirs to lose this year. If they remain healthy, there will be another white banner hanging in the Palace.

The Wings: I know that I will tick off a lot of people (especially what's her name) with this one and quite honestly this is the one that I hope I miss. Wings won't make it to the playoffs this year. There I said it now get off my back.

NCAA Football: With two power houses going at it on November 18 I believe that the Michigan/OSU game will be the game that determines the National Champion! I will predict that both teams will go into this game undefeated and that there will be a great defensive battle in the Horseshoe. No matter what I do I can't pick OSU to win this game. Final score will be the Maize & Blue 24 - the Scarlet & Gray 21!

Well there you have it, sports ala Pudge. Please remember that all predictions made here are the sole opinion of the Pudgeman and are not to be used, duplicated or republished without the expressed written consent of the author or Pudge Enterprises, Inc.! Be blessed beyond belief today.

15 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Blue - not...

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Well my brother as is often said, we shall see! B4T

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I have to agree with the first 2/3 of Jim's comment. :)

I haven't followed the Lions or Pistons, but I have to disagree w/ you on the wings, I think they will make the playoffs, but they def. won't win the cup.

Tigers, I agree wholeheartedly with you on this one, they are positively on fire!

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Doug, but because of that prediction on the Wings, I can't be your friend again. Okay, there. I'm over it. You're my friend again. Now, about your prediction....pfffft!! They'll make the playoffs, but like Sammy said, they won't win the cup.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Sun 10/22 at NY Jets 1:00 pm
bye
Sun 11/5 Atlanta 1:00 pm
Sun 11/12 San Francisco 1:00 pm
Sun 11/19 at Arizona 4:05 pm
Thu 11/23 Miami 12:30 pm
Sun 12/3 at New England 1:00 pm
Sun 12/10 Minnesota 1:00 pm
Sun 12/17 at Green Bay 1:00 pm
Sun 12/24 Chicago 1:00 pm
Sun 12/31 at Dallas 1:00 pm

Where Oh brilliant one do you see 7 more wins???
The rest I'll sorta go with you on.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

To all, once again I hope that I am dead wrong about the wings. But I am the Pudgeman and must make my predictions!
ONOM here you go:
NYJ - Win
Atlanta - loss
Frisco - Win
Arizona - Win
Miami - Win
NE - loss
Minnesota - Win
Green Bay - Win
Chicago - loss
Dallas - Win
That's where I see the seven! Remember to track this information.
B4T

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sports are overrated.

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

lol russell

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, the way I see it is if the Tigers don't sweep the lowly Cards or at worst win in 5 there is something world seriously wrong. How can they possibly lose?

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Do you have a Copywrite on that, Pudge?

Go Hawkeyes!!!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

yeah, go home hawkeyes, lol

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Jay said...

well they can still go 7-9 huh.
I'm thinkin 2-14, and Millen takes the hit.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Jay said...

well it aint the Mets, and they wont win in 5.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

When will you realize that I just make this stuff up as I go? You've known me how long? B4T

 
At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me see..

Pistons - check...
Wings - check...
Tigers - check...

Wolverines...hmmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home