Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Repetative Redundancy

You know, I was thinking. Have you ever found yourself making the same mistakes over and over and over........................? Have you ever said to yourself "I knew better then that"? Then welcome to my world. This world is a little different from reality. I really believe that more people live in my world then actually even exist in reality, but that's for another therapy session at another time. But I find myself in the same type of struggles day after day, week after week, month after month (you get the picture), and although I overcome them it frustrates me that here I am again being challenged with _______________! Paul talks about renewing your mind in Romans chapter 12 and I try to put that into practice. It does get me through those tough times but soon after all the hurt is gone, here it comes again. Now, just to head you off at the pass here, I am not being challenged with an addiction right now, just thinking out loud. But it seems like it's always the same old crap (sorry if you are offended by this word but it is accurate) that challenges me.
The reality is that there is a very real enemy out there who will challenge us daily. He wants us to deny Christ and be destroyed. He doesn't need us to make a claim that "God isn't real", he just needs us to be so dissapointed in ourselves and each other that we simply give up and walk away. In the words of the great college basketball coach Jimmy V - "Don't give up, don't ever give up"! Be blessed today.

11 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

Well, Mr. Doug E. Pudge, I see the fill in the blank "whatever" as spilled over into your blog. As far as being offended, well yes I am but I forgive you fully for your transgression. If only you could forgive me for mine as He has forgiven and forgotten. I prefer to use the code word junk. In all future correspondence when you see me use the word "junk" you will know what I mean!!And that is not a bunch of junk!!I was watching a program just last night about imaginary friends on one of my favourite networks (the Cartoon Network) and those imaginary freinds were just wreaking havoc and turmoil every where they went!! So be wary of those imaginary freinds and look out for the clues, and I don't mean blues clues!!!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Imaginary? When did I ever use the word imaginary? Do you think I am crazy or something? Now that's a load of junk! BBT

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger big j said...

dep I think your crazy but that's just me. what your going to make me #5 I don't thank so. :-}

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

First of all I will consider the source and go on. Secondly Quartro, that's looking like about as low as you're gonna be able to go barring a miracle. BBT ONOM

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger big j said...

ok what's onom smart man :-}

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger big j said...

nevermind I found it odepom :-]

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Yep, you must have watched the fairly oddparents marathon, Jimmy. Have a great day.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger big j said...

hey dep check out www.ohnoherehecomes.blogspot.com

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger where's jim? said...

I have a question. Can anybody tell me what world I live in?

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Jimmy, I am not really sure but I do know that it is VERY close to mine. BBT

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Here's why I stay #1!
I know when to get in!, and I know when to get out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home