Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I Won't Take Less Then Your Love

You know, I was thinking. There's an old country song titled "I Won't Take Less Then Your Love"! As the song starts it talks about the relationship between a husband and wife. How the husband wants to honor the wife with gifts. When the husband asks what do you want me to bring you, the wife's reply is "I won't take less then your love". The next verse is about the same type of thing between a son and his mother with the same tag line as the answer. The final verse is about the relationship between a man and the Lord, with of course God replying that "I won't take less then your love". You know we often times talk about bringing our gifts to the Lord but God is setting up in heaven with only one need, for us to "Love the Lord your God with all you heart, mind, soul and strength" and to "Love our neighbors as ourselves"! Be blessed today!

6 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Great point buddy

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger big j said...

uh ok. cool. :->

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger wowgirl said...

so well put that I'm not even moved to say more...love ya

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

ditto

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Your are so correct DEP. But truth be known, I don't always give all of my love. There are times when thing just are not going my way. During those moments, is when I should give God my all, but I more often than not I rely on my own ability and I refrain from loving my God, King and Savior.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

I hear you Kodiak, I hear you! BBT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home