Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Song Of Life

You know, I was thinking. Music has always been a very important part of my life. It seems that almost every important phase of my life has some song or group of songs associated with it. Whether it be the Motown sound of the sixties, the disco vs. rock battles of the seventies, the mainstream pop of the eighties, or the country music of the nineties there has always been some song or genre that can just take me right back. This morning the song "We've Come To Praise You" keeps going through my head. As I think of this particular song I feel good about what God has been able to accomplish in such a broken and messed up vessel! Only He can take what I have offered and turn it into something good! I love the Lord so deeply and in so many ways that I can't ever seem to express it to Him except in certain times that I have been blessed while praying in the Spirit. On a daily basis I seem to come up short in my ability to express my feelings to God. So, I usually just begin to worship him in song. Whatever song comes to mind at the time. I will just go on and on and on until I reach the point where I can actually begin to express myself (not very adequately still) in words to the Father. I love the time I spend in solo worship to the Father. Then, when we get together in collective worship it just seems that everything is multiplied a hundred times and I truly get caught up. I LOVE TO WORSHIP!
Our lives are singing a song to the people that are around us. What song is your life singing? Are people seeing "Jesus You Are My Life" or are they seeing "I've Got Friends In Low Places"? You set the tone! You have the choice! You must decide whether or not YOU will allow the Father to sing through you today. You must decide whether or not the people around you see God today! All the Father is asking for is a willing heart! Can you give Him that today? Be blessed today.

15 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Russell said...

All this song stuff and yet you resist the urge to comment on my blog...hmmmm.....

Here's the song of my life at this moment:

Dive - Steven Curtis Chapman
Romans 11:33-36 • Ephesians 3:16-19

The long awaited rains
Have fallen hard upon the thirsty ground
And carved their way to where
The wild and rushing river can be found
And like the rains
I have been carried here to where the river flows, yeah
My heart is racing and my knees are weak
As I walk to the edge
I know there is no turning back
Once my feet have left the ledge
And in the rush I hear a voice
That's telling me it's time to take the leap of faith
So here I go

I'm diving in, I'm going deep in over my head, I want to be
Caught in the rush, lost in the flow, in over my head, I want to go
The river's deep, the river's wide, the river's water is alive
So sink or swim, I'm diving in

There is a supernatural power
In this mighty river's flow
It can bring the dead to life
And it can fill an empty soul
And give a heart the only thing
Worth living and worth dying for, yeah
But we will never know the awesome power
Of the grace of God
Until we let ourselves get swept away
Into this holy flood
So if you'll take my hand
We'll close our eyes and count to three
And take the leap of faith
Come on let's go!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

I don't usually play music on my computer at work. That is why I did not comment on your blog yesterday. I had no point of reference! BBT

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Russell said...

You don't have a top 10 songs for you at the moment? I'm going to have to reword my post for those that are taking it too literally! BBH Mr. Dougolomon!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

DEP you could not have hit any closer. I to have times when I have to kick myself to give praise to God. It should come natural but I fall short. After I give myself a good swift one I start to praise. I am usually singing "I can't live with out you", or "I need you...like the flower needs the rain...I need you." See you tonight.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Russ, if you are writing figuratively or apocolyptically please let me know! Otherwise the only way I can take you is literally! BBT

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Russell said...

I was writing synonymously. Please feel free to replace the word Jukebox with any word that fits your methodology of jamming to tunage.

btw-I signed up the Ward family last night to come over to the BHG on Sept. 5. Hope you don't mind. :)

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hey, the BHG is open to all who choose to come. I say yo daddy last night and we spoke about transporting the BHG to the picnic on Saturday. You know "have grill will travel"! Oh, and by the way, some of us don't even jam to tunage, some of us listen and meditate upon it! BBT

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Russell said...

Zen E. Pudge

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Tortikat said...

Doug..this is my song today that best expresses how God is working in my life and those around me recently. I'm sure you are familiar with it. Bless you and your words of wisdom and inspiration on here daily...

YOU RAISE ME UP

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up: To more than I can be.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up: To more than I can be.

There is no life - no life without its hunger;
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;
But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up: To more than I can be.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up: To more than I can be.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

josh groban

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Tortikat, thank you for the encouragement that you give. The words to this song are awesome but believe it or not, I am not familiar with the tune. I will check it out though. BBT

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Tortikat said...

Doug,
I can send you a video clip of this song being performed if you like?

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger wowgirl said...

wow...your words have incurred much traffic here today. I think that song is one of the simplest and most beautiful forms of praise. It is why I smile as I sing Johnny Appleseed each morning with E and G before breakfast.
"Oh, the Lord is god to me
and so I thank the Lord
for giving me the things I need
the sun and the rain and the appleseed
The lord is good to me---Amen"
E&G fight over who gets to say "amen" at the end. My relationship with God began with music...a story I'll tell someday.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Tortikat, please send me the v-clip I would love it. My email is dougmollette@iwon.com. BBT

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Tortikat said...

Doug..I will try to email it but I discovered it is over 12MB and I'm not sure email can handle it..if not I will send you the audio of it instead which is smaller.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home