Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Moving Forward

You know, I was thinking. There is a time in life that you say to yourself "it's time to stop living in the past and to begin moving forward"! I have reached one of those times in my life. God has blessed me tremendously over the years and yet I still allow fear and past experiences to stop me from doing some of the things that I want and need to do. Pastor Tom has used the following acrostic to define fear:
F-alse
E-xpectations
A-ppearing
R-eal
I believe this to be true. So here I go forward with life casting off some of the old chains that I have allowed to bind me through the years. Allowing God to lead me in the right direction and not holding back because I am afraid or uncomfortable. I guess I had to make a decision as to whether to live life or run away from it. Living it sounds pretty good. Be blessed today!

10 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Russell said...

Be an adventurer!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Well Doug E, I have to say again, your wisdom spews all over the place.

your post reminds me of a quote from one of my favorite movies, "The Shawshank Redemption"
The lead character has been going through some tough times, falsely accused, etc. He says, "...get busy livin' or get busy dyin'"
BBT

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Russell said...

Think about this
If we really have been given the gift
of life that will never end
And if we have been filled with living
hope, we're gonna overflow
And if God's love is burning in our
hearts, we're gonna glow
There's just no way to keep it in
Live out loud

(Steven Curtis Chapman)

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Nice lyrics! I like it. BBT

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

You know, Russ is a veritable songbird.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

We all have ghosts in out past that seem to haunt us. I have had put to death many of these ghosts. And just when I think I am moving forward, BAM, I get hit with another one. Carmen mentions in one of his songs "when the Devil reminds us of our past, remind him of his future."

Jesus' Enables

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Russell said...

Check out what Oswald Chambers has to say Today

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger where's jim? said...

Well, I tried to run once, but I fell and hurt myself, so I could not run. Kinda like a built in set of shin splints that force you to face your problems. You know that is the 2nd time today I have seen Oswald Chambers devotion for today and it almost makes you want to be in that valley...

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger wowgirl said...

courage=faith moving forward...Godspeed

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Hey Doug, or DEP, or Dougthusalah, or Dougolomon, or Zen E Pudge (my favorite moniker yet), or shirley I get it now, and I am really happy for you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home