Friday, December 30, 2005

2005 A Retrospective

You know, I was thinking. 2005 has been an interesting, exciting, challenging and heart breaking year. Although it would be impossible to share everything that impacted my life this past year, I would like to share some highlights. Here's a 30 second look as to how 2005 impacted the Pudgeman:

* Quit smoking cigars Jan. 1 - Good thing
* Turned 42, not dead yet - Good thing
* Quit gambling completely for the first time in several years - Good thing
* Stopped teaching group at Sis's house - Not such a good thing
* Started teaching a new small group - Good thing
* Decided to start dating again - Scary thing, but yes a good thing
* Church split - bad thing
* Was a part of NewSong beginning - Good thing
* Started C0-Leading the Men's group - Good thing
* Had a dissagreement with a very good friend - Bad thing
* Work through the dissagreement and strengthened the friendship - Good thing
* Switched from singing to praying - Good thing
* Lost a dear uncle - Bad thing
* Uncle was a dedicated Chritian man - Good thing
* Rode with pastor Bob in an old bus to deliver it - Weird thing, but a great experience
* Still working at Autoform - ?????
* Helped a small group get back on track - Good thing
* Grew closer to people that have been in my life and still had room to make some new friends - Good thing
* Lions not going to the playoffs again - Normal thing
* Michigan had the worst football season that I can remember in a long time - Bad thing
* Pistons almost win another championship - Good thing
* Pistons, Lions and Tigers all fire coaches - You decide!
* #1 & Ole Girl put on Jesus - GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD Thing
* #1 & Ole Girl get married 6 days later - Good thing
* Quatro gets married - Good thing
* Had hernia surgery - Painful thing
* Jason & Becca got married - Good thing
* Golf, BBQ's, family, friends, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, great nieces, great nephews, cousins & others - Good thing
* Thorpe's visit the compound - Good thing
* Went to a family reunion in Kentucky - Still single
* Started blogging - Good thing (from my perspective)

To say that 2005 was an interesting year would be an understatement! Like other years it was filled with laughter & tears, hugs & flared tempers, love & misunderstanding but most of all it was filled with peace. I can't remember a year where I personally have gotten closer to God and God's people. Sure there were a number of challenges, but they were all dealt with and I grew through them. I think the biggest thing throughout the year has been the genuine love that I have received from so many people on so many fronts. My ability to reciprocate that love hasn't always been what I have wanted it to be, but I have done the best that I knew how to do.
My prayer is that 2006 will bring me even closer to God and His people and that I learn to listen a little better, love a little deeper and grow in faith. Be blessed beyond belief today and in the year to come.

5 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

"It does no good to look back or look inside."

Whoops, that's the third big lie, sorry...

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

AMEN Sis, B4T

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Russell said...

What a fun rollercoaster life is!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

What all the cousins were all ready taken. Of course I'm just kidding.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger loved truly said...

Sounds like an eventful year. Hope the next one is filled with just as much if not more joy and peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home