Friday, December 16, 2005

To Whom Much Is Given....

You know, I was thinking. God blesses each and every one of us so richly that we can't even begin to realize how blessed we truly are. The parable of the rich man and Lazarus is one that really should make us stop and think about what we are doing with what God has blessed us with. I am not talking about giving money to an organization who will help someone that is absolutely unknown to us (although this is a great way to minister to people). I am talking about people that we know who are doing without. I am not talking about people who are surviving but don't have as many toys as they would like. But I am talking about people who are cold, hungry, homeless, jobless, sick or maybe despite their best efforts are poor. Do you know people like this? What are YOU doing to help? It is easy to write a check or give a credit card number to an organization to help people, but what are you doing? Maybe you don't have the means all by yourself to bless another family with what they need, but when we all band together and pool our resources we can really make a difference.
Jesus is clear that to whom much is given much will be expected. I believe that when we meet those expectations we are given more and then even more is expected. You see the great circle of love that this would generate. Go out and be a blessing to somebody today and as always you be blessed beyond belief today.

6 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

As a recovering materialist (I seem be recovering from so many things) I still am blinded by my busyness, my schedule, my plans my my my... and lose focus on the eternal possesions... Lord help me know You in the people who you put in our path today.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Russell said...

Amen....

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

AMEN!!!!!!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

No matter how little I sometimes think I have, I have to stop myself and think of how much I do have. Then I have to ask myself, am I being a good steward? Most of the time, no. But by the grace of God, I keep trying.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

You know Sammy, I think that is what God is really asking of us. Do the best we can and when we see an opportunity to change or improve then we do. B4T

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Have an attitude of gratitude. I certainly need more of a servants heart!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home