Tuesday, December 27, 2005

What A Great Weekend

You know, I was thinking. I can't remember a weekend when I have had more fun! It really began last Thursday with the Christmas Eve service rehearsal. Then I had the pleasure of joining the Yeasin's and my sister for dinner on Friday night with another rehearsal to follow. Then the services both on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon really meant a lot to me. Not just because of the celebration of the birth of Christ but because of an opportunity to serve. This may seem like such a small thing to most people but to me it was very meaningful. I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't love music. I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't love to sing. It's been several months since I have taken the opportunity to serve in this capacity. Please understand that I have been asked many times but have not taken the opportunity because I have felt the need to be doing other ministries. But never the less, here I was doing something that I love to do. Then it occured to me that there are times that we are "called" to do a ministry (with me that would be prayer) and then there are times that God just allows you to do things just because you personally enjoy it. What a blessing that was to me this weekend. I know that God does these things for us just because He loves us, but I guess I just keep getting clued into to how much God really does love us and how much He does things just because He loves us. How did God bless you this past weekend? Was it with friends and family? How about the precious children all around you? Maybe with a kind word from someone that you either don't know or don't know well! However God blessed you, just remember to take time to say thank you. Be blessed beyond belief today.

3 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

Well you know it occurred to me that I had a wonderful time too. You know, Sunday I was really inspired to sing "Do you see what I see?".... So what did I see???
Did you see it too??

In any event, I must be off...

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

You know I hear what you guys are saying and I saw what you guys were seeing. All I have to say is that didn't our pastor look great in his new shirt? B4T

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Doug, thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home