Monday, December 12, 2005

The Prayer Of Adam

You know, I was thinking. I need to divert today from my thoughts from the book of Luke because of something that happened yesterday. At church yesterday I asked Jay if he wanted to go to the hospital later on that day to visit Don. Jay, Christina and Adam all three came over to the house for dinner and all three went up to see Don with me. We sat there and visited Don for awhile, shared communion with him and really had a good time. After about a half hour we were getting ready to leave and I looked at Adam and said to him: "every time I come up to see Mr. Don I always pray with him before I leave, would you like to pray today?" Adam said "sure"! He then began to pray one of the most beautiful and heartfelt prayer. I immediately thought of the scripture where Jesus teaches that we are to become like little children. I was nearly brought to tears by this little eight year old's prayer. Kids have a way of communicating with God that is so honest and innocent. Let me bottom line this for you. When I grow up I want to pray just like Adam! Be blessed beyond belief today.

6 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

Since we are sharing our kid moments here we go. I got my blessing from Brett Nevins yesterday..I stopped back in the green room yesterday to find my wife and spent a few minutes with the kids. I exchanged "grimm" looks with Reese, got Trin settled onto the carpet with the toy cars and tried to give Brett a hard time and then asked him for a hug. He ran into my arms, wrapped his arms around my neck and proclaimed repeatedly "My Jim"...This did indeed bring me to tears (and it did again just now)....What a blessing!!!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Russell said...

Love those kidlets!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

My kids continually amaze me with their innocent yet poignant prayers.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Kids are amazing. I am amazed at there faith without questions. By the way, Brett is very intense with his love for others...and I do mean intense.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I never thought he would have done that.But he's Adam, you never know what your gonna get!
I am glad that I have givin him something I didn't get as a young child, that is a christian surrounding. God is Good!

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

The gospel according to Adam!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home