Thursday, February 23, 2006

Alpha & Omega?

You know, I was thinking. The idea that God always HAS always and WILL always exist is very hard to wrap my brain around. You see I personally live a lineal existance in this world. I had a beginning and someday my existance on this planet will have an end. I will cease to exist in what we humans refer to as reality! I will then begin an existance that, according to the Word of God, will never end. Now, since I had a beginning I can kind of picture and conceptualize the idea of living on without end. But, God didn't have a starting point! There was no creator for THE CREATOR! There was never a universe without him and there will never BE a universe without him.

When I was a young teenager this really bothered me. My faith was truly challenged with the idea that God did not have a beginning! I did everything that I could to understand it and I failed. I just didn't get it. I had to understand it! It needed to make since to me and it just didn't. Well, a few years later when I was in college one of my professors who obviously had seen this same scenario with other students explained it to me like this. Doug, you do believe that God exists don't you? I answered, well yes! He asked me why? I answered, because of how my life has changed as a result of obeying him. He then asked me if I trusted God? I asked him what do you mean? He said, do you believe that when God says something that he is telling the truth? My answer went something like, Of course it is impossible for God .............to..........lie! It hit me like a ton of bricks! There are some things that my simple mind will just never understand about God! I was never meant to understand those things. The real question is, do I trust God enough to believe what He says? The answer is of course, YES! I will never understand how God never had a beginning, but I can believe that it is true. I learned to trust God and my life hasn't been the same since! I will never have more answers then questions, but I will always trust that God is true to His word. Be blessed beyond belief today.

4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger where's jim? said...

I have heard the analogy that Jesus stepped into our space-time continuum from God's timeless existence. There is an argument in philosophy that claims that time is an illusion. Imagine a hypothetical situation where there is no change. No leaf moves, no wind blows, nothing is moving or changing. If this situation were to come to pass, one could argue that the measurement of time would be unnecessary. While this is an interesting thought, it is important to remember that our universe is full of events and is continuously changing; therefore, we have time. God does not change, and therefore is not subject to time.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Yeah, what he said, she said, he said.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

You're right dep, there are things we will never understand, but just have to accept and obey.
God, women, bosses (oh wait that's redundant). Have a great one, missed you this evening.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

You are a brave man Sammy! B4T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home