Thursday, February 16, 2006

God Is Callin Me To....................

You know, I was thinking. I have spent a lot of years attempting to do God's will in my life. There have been times that I have served God out of a feeling of obligation. What I mean by that is that there were other things that I would have rather have done, but because someone asked me to do something I went ahead and did it. Not because I felt that I SHOULD do it but because somebody asked me to do a particular service project or ministry, I did it. I felt it was my obligation to God and to His church. Now here I am a few years older and hopefully a little bit wiser and I am beginning to see things a little differently. I have begun to understand a few things about how God wants things to be done in his body. Most of this is an application of 1 Corinthians chaper 12:

God - CALLS us to do acts of ministry and service. He is the orchestra conductor so to speak. He causes the earth to revolve around the sun and has allowed us to be made in his image. God will call you to serve him in ways that you cannot begin to dream or imagine.

Jesus - Creates our OPPORTUNITIES to minister or serve. His life, death and resurrection has created opportunities that can only be considered spectacular. He will show you opportunities to do good in more ways that you could ever dream or imagine.

The Holy Spirit - Causes us to be EMPOWERED to do the acts of service that God has called us to do. Those areas where Jesus has created the opportunity for us to minister or serve. He will give you EXACTLY what you need exactly when you need it. He will empower you in ways that you could only dream or imagine.

So, what does all this mean. When we are listening to the CALL that God has put on our hearts, seeking the OPPORTUNITIES that Jesus has created and allowing the Holy Spirit to EMPOWER us to do those things, we are then at peace. We are truly happy! We become more open to the needs of those around us and less focused on our needs within. You see, God has a purpose for each of us. Sometimes it is in a public setting but more often then not it is done behind the scenes!

What is God calling you to do today? Where is Jesus showing you to minister or serve? What gifts has the Holy Spirit given you to fulfill your purpose? Only you can answer that for yourself! Be blessed beyond belief today.

5 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Sounds like a great sermon! Hey, let's tag team. You can start then tag me I can go for awhile and then tag you. We should be otta there by 3:00 at the latest! Just a thought. B4T

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger big j said...

um

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

zzzzzzzzzzz

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hey Tom, looks like we got all the support we need. Let's do it! B4T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home