Friday, February 17, 2006

Friday Feast - An Ode To Teachers

You know, I was thinking. I have been a little on the serious side this week so now it's time to lighten it up a bit. I was asked this week who my kindergarden teacher was and I couldn't remember! So I started thinking about the teachers that I have had over the years and what kind of an influence they were in my life. So here they are, those men and women who have helped the Pudgeman to be who he is today:

5. Mr. Carman - High School band director and fellow trumpet player. I learned that music was more than just notes on a page.
4. Mrs. Scurry - First grade teacher. She had a paddle and wasn't afraid to use it! I learned that she truly loved children and wanted to pass on her knowledge and example.
3. Mrs. Reed - High School government teacher. She taught me all I ever wanted to know about politics...................................Stay out of them!
2. Mr. Dingman - High School algebra and calculus teacher. He was also the head basketball coach. I was his statistition my sophomore year. I learned to calculate shooting percentages very quickly in my head just to keep up with him.
1. Mr. Falstrom - High School english, debate, drama and speech and I took him for more than one class of each of those topics during my 4 years at Milan High! If you are to blame any one person for bringing me out of my shell it would be this man. He taught me how to write, speak, act and argue. In other words before this man I was a very shy, introverted and self-conscious kid! I learned a lot from his knowledge and example.

Here are my picks, what are yours or at least your favorite. Be blessed beyond belief today.

7 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Mrs. Reed used to be Miss. Prelip when sis had government back in 1969! I had Mrs. Cullip for one semester of typing! B4T

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Fr. Maclernan taught physics and chemistry. But he also taught about the love of Jesus, and that He transcends religion.

Mrs. Miller taught senior level english. Gave me an appreciation for the written word that has stayed with me since.

Maureen Goode gave me confidence my senior year of college, that I could really do this stuff!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Special_K said...

Dr. Francine Fisher 5th grade and tutor for four years of high school. She taught me I was smater than I thought I was. I hope I can be as inspiring to my students! If it is God's will:)

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Mr. Richard Kesti, Taught me Algerbra I & II, and Geometry. He designed the film used by the Apollo mission to the moon.

Mr. Earl Fries, He taught New Testamant Survey. Reminds me of Tevye in the screen version of "Fiddler on the Roof" (1971).

Claude Looney, for his leadership in missions

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Well lets see, I cant ever remember the Pudgeman being shy, or Inroverted, but maybe.
Im gonna have to say my funnest teacher. Mr Joe Nuzzo-Woodshop
Mr. Dave Szarket-Government/Football coach
And the Teacher who made me the Crayon Expert I am today, Mrs Scurry, cause you dont color no chicken scratch in my room!!
Its funny the things you remember!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Hey, let's bring back Wild Wednesdays!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Slammy, in a word...........NO! B4T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home