Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Just Some Thoughts Today

You know, I was thinking. There comes a time in each person's life when they really realize how much God loves them. I have shared the following on a number of ocassions to many different people. I am just feeling the need to share it again.
Several years ago I was going through a stage in my life where I wasn't very positive about anything. I didn't like the person that I was and was very unhappy. I couldn't even understand how God could love me. It didn't make sense to me. I had no problem understanding how God loved everyone else, but why me. I knew all of the bad things that I had done in my life. I knew how selfish and prideful I was. How could God love me? Why did he care? I could not understand it. It was important for me to understand this great mystery. For many months I just kind of kept on doing the things that I knew God wanted me to do but I still had no answer to this burning question...GOD WHY DO YOU LOVE ME? I just didn't understand it! One morning I was in the shower praying (funny place to be praying I know but hang with me here). I was once again asking God to explain His love for me. God came to me in a way that I have never experienced before. I actually believe that He spoke directly to me that morning. He said, "what makes you think that you need to understand My love, I just want you to accept it"! That was a turning point for me! I finally got the answer to the question that I had been asking! There is no way my feable human brain could possible understand such wonderful magnificent love. God only wanted me to allow Him to love on me! So I began living my life knowing that I was loved.
Remeber, "God so love the world that He gave His one and only son"! Take the love of the Father with you today and of course be blessed beyond belief.

9 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Thank you for sharing this again, I never tire of hearing (or reading) how God's grace can fill our lives!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger ryan said...

Amen to that there doug I could there done without the shower thing but oh well

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Is the Hawkman looking for yet another Pudging? B4T

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I think that may have been fair according to the comment pudge left on my praise report. You silly guy.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Now Sammy! You're on your second honeymoon! Can't you think of anything you'd rather be doing other than blogging? C'mon, get with the program. B4T

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

honeymoon is over, pal. LOL Heading home tomorrow

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

If that was a Pudging Hawkman it was very very weak! You obviously do not posess the necessary vocabulary to speak with specificity those things in which you are trying to say. B4T

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

we did have some key lime pie and I thought of you! LOL

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Jay said...

O.K. let me see if I can follow this, I didn't see mention of a specific day that this occured, so I assume that the reference was to showering only on Saturdays?
If so GOOOOOD shot.
Secondly I will agree with my bald brother, you really didn't have to share the "in the shower thing"

B4A

 

Post a Comment

<< Home