Thursday, March 09, 2006

Regaining Trust

You know, I was thinking. What a blessing it was to be at men's group last night. It is funny how God works within all of us and how He uses other people and circumstance to get his message into this thick skull of mine. I guess you could say that I have had a life of learning things the hard way. Whenever I think that "yes I have things together", then wham, here comes another area of my life that needs to be addressed. Lately, I have discovered that I still have issues with trust. I thought that I was living a life of faith that is dedicated to God, but in our lesson last night, one of the questions read: "Would the people close to you affirm that your life gives evidence of an unwavering belief that God will do what He said?" The word that got me in this question was the word "unwavering". Those people who are really close to me and know me well understand that I have wavered in my trust in God! I don't mean to, it just seems to happen. Intellectually I can easily accept the truth that God is in control and that He will always keep his promises! I have no doubt that the word of God is true and will never let me down. The problem arises when I go to put this into practice. Maybe this might sound familiar to you, you're going along dealing with life when all of a sudden something unexpected comes up! The enemy thows you a big swooping curve ball that you didn't expect. How do you react? I must confess, there are times that I don't react the way God would want me to react and I will always regret it when that happens.
Now, don't think I am sharing this with you because I am looking for sympathy or attention because I am not. I have been working on this relationship of mine with the Lord for almost 28 years now and I still have struggles. Struggles with pride and trust are the big two for me. The solution is easy, share it in men's group and write a blog about it.......................................as a start! I have found that sharing our struggles not only has a strong psychological impact on us, but a spritual one as well. I connect to music and must whole heartedly thank the Mud Puppy for a CD he gave me last night. After group, I popped it in the car and listened to it on the way home last night. I didn't finish it until this morning. The second song that played this morning was Psalm 40 by Newsong! The Spirit rushed over me and I began to cry right there on northbound US 23. God ALWAYS is in control! God ALWAYS keeps His promises! God ALWAYS love me beyond anything that I can understand. May God blessed you beyond belief today.

2 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hawkman, I am thankful that you copied and pasted this morning! I could not believe the impact of that song and that Psalm had on me this morning. B4T

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

and this one too; Psalm 118, verse 8 "It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home