Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Entering Into His Presence

You know, I was thinking. Back during the time of the Law, the high priest would have to go through an extensive cleansing ceremony before entering into the Holy of Holies where the presence of God resided. It was a very intense process that HAD to be done or else the High Priest could be struck down by God. We now live in a time of grace and not law! God has made himself available 24/7 to us and we can enter his presence any time. He allows us to experience him through the indwelling Spirit and because of that, God's presence is always with us, but what I am talking about going to God in worship and in prayer. Do you prepare youself before you worship God? Do you prepare yourself before you pray? Understand, I am the master of the quick shot prayer and you can find me worshipping in song in a number of situations. But there are times that I go through this thing where I really want and need to enter the presence of the God of creation! There are times that I just want some quality time with my Father! When those times come then I prepare! I want to make sure that I have done what I know to do in order to enter his presence to either give praise or petition! What do I do? Well here a some of the things that I do for preparation:

1. Reflection - I look at what has been going on in my life whether good or bad (from my human perspective) and I think about where my life is at now and where I have just come from. I make sure that I understand that I am just a child in God's presence but I am loved dearly by Him.

2. Repentance - I take time to look at those things that are keeping me from God. The sin that is in my life. This is something that isn't easy to do, but absolutely essential. God wants us to turn from sin and turn to Him.

3. Regonition - When I open the gates to enter into his presence I always recognize God as.......God! I don't me give lip service, but truly honor him as Father, Creator and King! He deserves more honor than we can ever give Him.

4. Resounding Praise - When I have done the first three things I will either read or quote a Psalm or I will break out in a song of praise. I want to bring him glory and honor and allow that to preceed my arrival into his presence.

5. Relax - When you enter into God's presence and you feel him surrounding you, relax and enjoy it. Don't spend too much time talking! Spend some time listening and enjoying the time with the Father! He desires this time as much as you do.

Remember you can approach God at anytime and in any set of circumstances but desire to spend some time in his presence today. Be blessed beyond belief today.

3 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Good one Hawkman, and you didn't even copy and paste it! B4T

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

powerful!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Special_K said...

Wow, thanks for the reminder to slow down...sometimes we just get too busy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home