Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Life Has Potholes!

You know, I was thinking. Have you ever been traveling down the road of life and hit a pothole? You know how it is, you've got the cruise control set, you're jammin' to some tunes, when all of a sudden..............BAM! You get that little jar that get's your attention. You wonder if you might have broken something. So you stop give the tires a quick look and since you don't see anything that is obvious, you get back in the car and drive on. But now you're driving a little more carefully and you are actively watching out for those things that can cause harm or damage. WELCOME TO MY WORLD! God has a way of getting and keeping my attention. Just as I start getting comfortable in life whether that is in my job, ministry or personal life, God sees to it that He gets my attention.

Right now my life is full! I have been so blessed in so many aspects of life that I can't even begin to list them all. I feel joyous and afraid all at the same time. I am able to continue forward because of the love that God has for me and because He has blessed me with some great friends. Pray for the Pudgeman today! God has blessed me so richly and fully, but I sometimes fear that "I" will get in His way. I don't want that. I am excited about the new ministry challenges. About the future of NewSong and about my personal future.

Know a couple of things for sure today. The first is that God loves you unconditionally! He has set you free from all of the chains and battles that life might bring. Secondly, you can do ALL things through Jesus because He has given you the strength to do it. May God bless you beyond belief today.

10 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Tom, you know that this was not meant to be a literal pothole right. Save the unimportant, extemporaneous, irrelevant and off topic non-sensicle statements for the Semper Fi blog! No soup for you! :) B4T Love ya bro!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Ah, the battle of wits has begun! Yes I did see the metaphorical similarities in your abundantly lengthy comment to a simple yet elegant post! Verbosity seems to be your strenth here instead of concise commentary! I guess some of us are just gifted with original thought while others must seek out information to share how they feel! Either way, your comments however loosely shows that even on "life's" highway there is sometimes a deep Pudge to cross! Love you bro! Your turn. B4T By the way, you have now been Pudged twice! You hold the record.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger ryan said...

And here I just thought that were holes that you try to dodge around makeing a sport of it. I myself have and still fall into these sometimes, but mainly large potholes but when I tend to stick my head up usally another large thing comes barreling down at me which in turn drives me farther into that hole and wanting less to come up for air. Doug what great post it was feeling along that same path today. be blessed yet for another day my friends

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I thought that the Pastor did a wonderful job Metaphorically describing Potholes in the road of life, I actually got what he was trying to say!
Why bust his Chops?!!
Good post too, very relavent to whats going on with me also!!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I love to watch a double pudging, so rare!

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug, do you ever think of anyone else but how blessed you are? Do you ever stretch outside your comfort zone, your circle of friends? God cares not how blessed you are but how have you left your comfort zone and blessed others! He wants to see you/us/me go into the world and teach the gospel (the gospel is not telling others how blessed you are or are not). So are you teaching a different gospel? One of blessings. Remember those who followed Christ and spread the gospel were persecuted for their teaching. How are you sacrificing your time outside yourself, your circle of friends or your church? If you are a leader then lead as Christ led, Sacrifically.

Digger

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus never promised blessings, but He did say that the world will hate you because of me (Jesus).

Digger

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Digger, I appreciate the fact that you feel the way you do but I do disagree with you on one major point that you made. Jesus did promise a blessing to all Christians. He said in Matthew "Go into all the world and preach the gospel...and I will be with you always even to the end of the earth". That is Jesus' blessing in our lives. You see, whether or not things are going good does not determine a blessing. I have been blessed just as greatly though trials and struggles. Seeing Jesus in the midst of termoil is a blessing. If your definition of blessing is that it can only be what people refer to as "good things" then your definition is wrong. A blessing from God is simply to experience him in your life. BTW, I spend a great deal of time "outside of my box" bringing Jesus to the lost but I have a specific calling that I personally believe that God has put on my heart. That is to encourage and teach. I appreciate your thoughts though and I praise God that you have blessed me today.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Thank you Hawkman! Your words ring true this morning and you are so very kind! God is good all the time, and all the time God is good! I'm almost sorry I double Pudged you yesterday.........almost but not. B4T

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it looks as if I am being tagged teamed. My misunderstanding of your "B4T". Please accept my humble appology, and thanks for clearing it up.

B4T,

Digger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home