Thursday, May 04, 2006

Underestimating The Father

You know, I was thinking. For over a year now I have been asking many of my close friends and family to be praying for me in the area of my personal life. This all led to me sharing my feelings in our Sunday night group back in December. At that time the group gathered around me, laid hands on me and prayed specifically that God would change this area of my life. I then began to pray specifically for God to show me the path that I needed to follow to meet the type of women that I wanted to date. It's funny, but God did exactly what was asked of Him! He opened several doors along the way, but most importantly forced me to deal with some deep rooted personal issues that dated back almost 20 years! That was extremely painful for me and was a large part of the valley that I was in back in March! I don't want to ever go through that again!
Last Friday marked the two month point since I first met Rachel. Many of you have met her by now, but none of you have had much time to get to know her yet. She and I have been seeing a lot of each other and that trend probably isn't going to slow down any time soon. It has been a very long time since I have been in a relationship like this so it was a little frightening at first. God has calmed the storm and things have been moving at a perfect pace for us.
I know that I usually try to give some Spiritual insight in the postings that I have, and although this one is more personal there is still application. Why is it that when I called on God's people to pray and began to pray specifically myself, I really didn't have confidence in what I was doing? I know that God can change things and even work miracles, but I really didn't see Him delivering exactly what I was praying for! Shame on me for not having confidence or faith, but praise God that He worked me through it. I underestimated the power of prayer! God knew that from the start and decided to build my faith through His answer! Will I ever doubt again? Probably, I am after all a human being. But I must say that I won't doubt so easily! God does indeed give you the desires of your heart. It is funny how many times I have quoted that but never made it personal and applied it to me. The key in this one was that I was seeking a Godly woman for a Godly relationship. He has blessed me beyond my ability to reason!
Trust God with everything. Go into every decision that you need to make with prayer and share your prayers with others so they can pray also. You might just get the surprise of your life! Be blessed beyond belief today.

4 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't today the National Day of Prayer? Coincidence? :)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

LBOM, in all seriousness I had completely forgotten about today being the National Day Of Prayer until I read you comment! Let's call it a Godincidence. B4T

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

First, I must tell you that I am so happy to see you in this relationship! God did answer your prayers with a resounding "YES."

One of my favorite definitions of courage is "fear moving forward." We know that everything is going to work for our good, but the human in us wants to drag us back. Moving forward against that fear is what proves our faith in God (most of the time to ourselves). This is only IMHO. What do you think?

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ie. The Barbarian Way.

Sam, you should ask Dan to let you borrow the DVD and/or book I let him borrow called The Barbarian Way. Soooooooooooo.... good. (I actually bought that with you at Desitny's before our retreat last year).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home