Friday, April 14, 2006

Just Don't Forget To Remember

You know, I was thinking. Today is of course Good Friday. This is the day that many people in the world will take to remember the crucifixion of our Lord. It is a somber day to say the least because of the suffering that was required for my sin. I would just like to encourage everyone to take a little time today in the Word and in prayer to thank Jesus for what He did for us. Here is what I do to bring it in perspective. I view myself at the scene of Pilate addressing the crowd! I see myself being one of those who shout out to release Barabas! I also view myself as one of those who when asked "what do I do with Jesus?", am yelling CRUCIFY HIM, CRUCIFY HIM! That puts His sacrifice into great perspective for me. We can say very accurately that Jesus died to save the world. But today look at it more that Jesus suffered, bled and died to save ME! I am without a doubt feeling the conviction as I write this post! Remember "God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son. That who soever believes in Him should have eternal life". Be blessed beyond belief today.

2 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I do the very same, and I picture in graphic detail the scourging and torture leading up to the crucifixion, that does it for me... wow, tears

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't quite looked at it from that perspective, I do now!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home