Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday Feast - An Ode To Breakfast Cereal

You know, I was thinking. I grew up eating a lot of cereal for breakfast! I can remember when I was young my mom would have our breakfast waiting for us when we got up. It was usually some kind of cereal, toast and in the winter time we always had hot chocolate! I guess like any kid I didn't appreciate it as much then as I do now but those were some good times. So today I would like to give my ode to my top five favorite breakfast cereals:

#5 - Shreded Wheat - not the mini or the bite size but those big honkin biscuit things that you had to tear up in the bowl before you added sugar and milk. This was the mushiest thing on the planet but I liked it! It was even better when you sliced up a banana in it.

#4 - Rasin Bran - Kellogs and not Post! You see Kellogs had all that sugar on the raisins! I never ate it to stay regular I just ate it 'cause I liked it. It was even better when you sliced up a banana in it.

#3 - Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter - This was good stuff man! Crunchy cereal that tasted like a peanut butter sandwich, who'd a thunk it! This was one of those that you didn't dare let get soggy 'cause if it did, it was worthless. It was even better when you sliced up a banana in it.

#2 - Cap'n Crunch - The regular one! No crunch berries or anything just sugar coated, kinda corn like tasting crunchy stuff that was good! I would have eaten this one three times a day as a kid if mom would have let me! It was even better when you sliced up a banana in it.

#1 - Hot Oatmeal With Raisins - This was by far my favorite! I love oatmeal with raisins even today! Mom always put a lot of sugar in her too so it just plain tasted like an oatmeal raisin cookie only it was hot and you didn't have to chew it a lot. I never liked milk in my oatmeal though. I know that most people do but I didn't and still don't. As good as this was, you would be amazed to find out that it was even better when you sliced up a banana in it.

Well there are my favorites. What are yours? Be blessed beyond belief today.

7 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

I like oatmeal , too. I always put chocolate chips and brown sugar on it. But I like milk to help it cool down. I usually take either 1/4 or 1/3 cup of quick rolled oats and either 1/2 or 2/3 cup of water and zap it with the microwave. Yum Yum

Life cereal

Cream of Wheat w/raisins and brn sugar

Red River

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Well, my favorites are:

5.Raisin Brand
4.Applejacks
3.Fruit Loops
2.Cocoa Krispies
1.Cracklin Oat Bran

My mom never allowed the sugar cereal, and I don't either. It's a treat when I am able to have a bowl or two or three or......

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like cracklin oat bran and I like raisin nut bran. I like kelloggs raisin bran because it is manufactured with water that runs though very high quality water meters.

"http://www.kelloggs.com/cgi-bin/brandpages/fileBlob.pl?md5=9ff30767d420ba92bbf59f2663705b15"



Ready-To-Eat Cereal
Kellogg's Raisin BranĀ®

Description
Raisin Bran

Sizes:
1 1/4 oz bowl, 1 3/8 oz indv, 15 oz, 20 oz, 25.5 oz, 76.5 oz

Ingredients:
Whole wheat, raisins, wheat bran, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, salt, malt flavoring, niacinamide, reduced iron, zinc oxide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamin hydrochloride (vitamin B1), vitamin A palmitate, folic acid, vitamin B12 and vitamin D.

Dietary Exchange Per Serving:
2 1/2 Carbohydrates

Allergen Information:
Contains wheat ingredients.

Kosher Status:
Kosher/Parve

Nutrition Information:
Click here for Nutrition Information

Country of Origin:
Distributed in USA

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger michelle said...

I like Apple Jacks and cream of wheat, but I eat oatmeal. Any of the ones with cinnamon or brown sugar. I only add milk. Cannot stand the ones with freeze dried astronaut fruit. Yuck! Then have a cup of green tea and all is good!

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

hearts stars and horseshoes,
clovers and blue moons!!!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Wouldn't lucky charms w/o marshmellows be like Alphabet ceral?

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Pete said...

capn crunch all the way.. for a hot cereal.. grits with butter and syrup.. sometimes brown sugar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home