Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Another MILE Stone

You know, I was thinking. I have been blessed to live long enough to have experienced several milestones in my life. One of them is coming up and will probably be acheived sometime today or tomorrow (most likely tomorrow). I noticed this morning that the WWII's odometer was reading 199867 when I was about half way to work this morning. After a few quick calculations in my head I figured that it would probably be sometime tomorrow when I would reach the 200K mark with this beast. I began to wonder where would I be when this would happen? So I thought, let's make this a contest. Here are the rules they are very simple. You can only enter this contest one time. If I cannot figure out who you are from your comment then the entry will be deleted. You may not ask me any questions in order to attain more information. The person who is closest to the actual spot where I hit 200,000 miles will be declared the winner. The prize will be awarded at the Labor Day BBQ Blowout (person need not be present to win).
So here is some vital information:

My commute to work is about 27 miles one way.
I work on the west side of A2 near the Baker rd. & Jackson ave. intersection.
I will be going straight home from work today.
I will be going to the gym in the morning before work.
I may or may not drive to lunch today.
I plan on going to men's group after work tomorrow.
I will not be driving to Waterford in the next couple of days.
I live in Monroe county, work in Washtenaw county and go to church in Lenewee county.

Here is how it works, give me the following information:
1. What county will I be in when I hit the milestone?
2. What city, village or township will I be in when I hit the milestone?
3. What street or highway will I be on when I hit the milestone?
4. What will be the nearest cross street or exit to me when I hit the milestone?
5. And for tie breaker purposes, what time of day (to the nearest quarter hour) will it be when I hit the milestone?

You must give me answers to all five questions in order to qualify. The winner will be announced at the Labor Day BBQ Blowout. All entries must be in by 5:00 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. Be blessed beyond belief today.

14 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From what I see, there are only 5 questions...

1. ---
2. Lenawee County
3. Ridgeway Township
4. Ridge Road
5. Ridge / 50
6. 5:15pm

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

You are correct LBOM! I have fixed my errors. Thank you, B4T

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gonna throw a monkey wrench into your plan. Wanna go bowling tonight? I'll be there about 7 if you do. That'll add mileage. Actual mileage may vary.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

First of all Hawkman, I am leaving your cute story up because it is just that....cute. But, because your guess does not answer the five questions asked your answer does not count. If you would like to re-submit your answer you may! Bruiser, nice attempt in gaining inside information. I am not available this evening so you may factor that one in to the equation if you'd like to take a guess! B4T

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, why not?
1.Lenawee
2.Tecumseh
3.Chicago Blvd (M50)
4.Maumee Street
5.6:00

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Jay said...

1.Washtenaw
2.Just north of Milan
3.US 23
4.You will be between Willow rd. and Willis rd.
5. About 7:15 am thursday morning.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Pete said...

1. Washtenaw
2. Mooreville just outside
3. Ridge
4. between hack and arkona
5. Wed night 8:45pm

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

1. Monroe
2. Milan
3. Tuttle (the road you live on)
4. Platt (The road at the stop sign as you turn right out of your driveway.)
5. Wed. night around 9:00pm

Hey, I'm a landmark kinda girl..not sure of the exact names of the roads.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Kelly, let me help you a little here:
2. Tuttle Hill
3. Ostrander
The rest looks good. Who says that I don't interpret landmarkese! B4T

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hawkman, once again your answer amuses me but will not count because it once again does not include all of the information required. For instance, I do not know where "obvious" county is, a person is always in a city, township, or village in this great state of ours and you have listed no cross street what so ever. I mean come on Tom you are an intellegent, educated man, I know that you are capable of accomplishing this task! You can do it! Also, just a side note here, I clearly stated that I would NOT be going to Waterford in the next couple of days! You answer causes me to ask, "do you think I'm lying?" Please my pastor, my friend, my brother in the Lord, submit you answer to these questions one more time if you wish to be considered for the prize! B4T

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Lenawee
2. Tecumseh
3. Van Buren
4. Chicago Blvd
5. 6:30 pm...8/23/2006

 
At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Monroe
2. Milan
3. Oakville-Walz
4. Tuttlehill Rd.
5. 8:52 p.m. 8/23/06

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Now Hawkman, that's what I'm talking about! B4T

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Pete said...

1.Lenawee
2.Britton
3.Milwaukee
4.Dennison/petersburg
5.8:15

I don't know the exact route you take home..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home