Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday Feast - An Ode To Apples

You know, I was thinking. Fall is quickly approaching and with that comes many things that I love. The crisp cool air, the sounds of football games and marching bands, the smells of bonfires and one of my favorite things........APPLES! I love apples. They are one of my favorite fruits ever created. They are also very versitile and taste fantastic. Here are my five favorite things to do with apples:

5. Just eat them as they are - what a wonderful treat to just go out to an orchard and pick one right of the tree. Just give it a quick wash and before you know it all you have left is the core and seeds.

4. Drink 'em right down - Apple cider is the best. If you have ever been to a place that makes cider and get it without any kind of pasturization you know how good this can be! Fresh apple cider is probable served in heaven!

3. Warm cooked apples - with a little sugar and cinnamon (alergies you know). Better to be a little bit tart here. My mother makes this in the fall and they are great. You could even mush it up and have apple sauce if you wish.

2. Apple Junk - This is a Pudgeman creation using some very common ingredients. It is very rich and usually goes quickly. I have made it for a few small group parties and brought back an empty pan.

1. Hot apple pie - The best of all the pies in the world. Serve up a big honkin' slice with some Bryer's vanilla bean ice cream and you are good to go! There is nothing like fresh homemade apple pie!

What are some of your favorites? Be blessed beyond belief today.

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite Apple is a Macintosh.

I do like some good hot apple cider too!!

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whobody likes applesauce.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Jay said...

its not friday anymore??????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home