Monday, August 21, 2006

Somebody Stop This Ride

You know, I was thinking. Do you remember the cartoon The Jetsons? At the end of the cartoon they always had George walking his dog Astro on the electric sidewalk dog walking thing. Astro sees a cat, starts going really fast jumps off and leaves George going around and around yelling "Help Jane, stop this crazy thing, help Jaaaaaaane!" I loved that part! Unfortunately, my life is beginning to feel like that. Have you ever felt that you just keep going and going and aren't really going anywhere? Please understand that I am not complaing, I'm just doing some quick analysis here. I have come to recognize that my life has gotten way too busy! I can't seem to fit everything in that needs to be done. I even had to cancel an eye appointment a couple of weeks ago because I didn't have the time to go. I need some down time and I am going to be taking some next week. Beginning next Tuesday I will be on vacation. I am taking some time just to relax and have some fun. In true Pudge fashion, all of the spontaneous activities are already planned out. Here is a basic run down of my vacation schedule thus far:

Tuesday 8/29:
Sleep in until about 7 call what's her name and go to the gym
Get home around 8:30 and shower
Relax with some coffee and maybe a little CNN or Fox News
Around noon, take momma to lunch
Around 2, meet Big J for some afternoon golf
Get home around 6, fix some dinner and enjoy the evening
Around 9 call what's her name again.
Wait a minute, is there any down time here?

Wednesday 8/30:
Sleep in until about 7 call what's her name and go to the gym
Get home around 8:30 and shower
Relax with some coffee and maybe a little CNN or Fox News
Go out in the yard and do some yard work of some kind, probably mow the grass
Around 1 leave for my eye doctor appointment (yes the one from two weeks ago)
Around 4 get home and wait for my eyes to return to normal
Await the arrival of what's her name who is coming down to spend the night at sis' house so that we can leave for the Thorpe's on Thursday
Pack for said trip
This slightly smells like down time

Thursday 8/31:
Get up around 5:30 and go to the gym
Get home around 7 and make sure what's her name and her son are awake
Shower and get ready to leave
Around 8 Dandy Don should arrive and we should be on the road by 8:30
Drive all day and arrive at the Thorpe's around 5:30
Enjoy the evening there. Ah, the beginning of down time!

Friday 9/1:
A day of G and GO (golf and goofing off). This is true down time!

Saturday 9/2:
A day for spending time with all of the Thorpes which will include but not be limited to Michigan football, BBQ and maybe even some back yard games! This is quality down time.

Sunday 9/3:
Get up early and attend the 8:30 service with the Thorpe family
Around 10 head for home
Arrive home around 7 or so and start getting stuff ready for Monday's festivities
At this point, I am starting to really relax!

Monday 9/4:
I'm tired of planning at this point and have finally gotten relaxed. I know that I will be playing in the 9th Annual Labor Day Invitational and will be cooking on the big honkin grill, but other than that who knows! Relaxation has been acheived! Down time successful.

Do you think that I plan too much? I told you, I need some down time! Maybe I can schedule an extra hour of that each day? Well, anyway be blessed beyond belief today.

3 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that you guys have a GREAT time!!

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great vacation! Wish I was goin' with ya. Say "hi" to the Thorpe clan for me.

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some fun in the coming days as well:

Thursday, August 24 - Work a demo at the Whole Foods in Ann Arbor from 12-4pm. My buddy Brandon arrives that day from Dallas.

Friday, August 25 - Get up early and drive to Cedar Point with Brandon, Jason and his friend. Get home late and crash.

Saturday, August, 26 - Ease into the morning and begin preparations for the evening, our annual Fantasy Football Draft Party. Doors open at 4:30pm for Wings, Brats, Buffalo Shrimp, Stuffed Peppers, Chips & Dips, Fun & Fellowship. Draft starts at 7pm. The rest of the night will include movies, nintendo games and recovering from the gas inducing meal.

Sunday, August 27 - Church in the morning, then off to a birthday meal with the fam (most likely Metzgers). The rest of the day is spent in ease.

Monday, August 28 - Wake up late, get around, go out for a nice lunch, take Brandon to the airport. Come home and relax.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home