Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Why Are They Like That?

You know, I was thinking. Sunday night Captured played at the Lenawee County Fair. What a great night it was bringing worship right outside in the open to everyone who was within hearing distance. I thought these folks (Captured) did a great job and I hope that there will be more of these in the future. While we were sitting around waiting for the show to begin there were a number of people that wanted to visit with Rachel and offer their sympathies for the passing of her father. She especially seemed to enjoy quite a bit of time talking to Amy Jo! It is so nice to see her interacting with so many of my close friends but the one thing that I wasn't expecting to happen was that I got ganged up on! That's right this wonderful woman in my life enlisted the aid of Melissa Pustay & Kelly Nevins to violate my cell phone. You see I had a couple of pictures on there that she thought were not very flattering of her. I thought that they were just funny candids of this beautiful lady. While showing Melissa & Kelly a picture, Rachel had them give my cell phone to Jamie who immediately showed what's her name how delete pictures from my phone! Now, I am used to Jamie working against me, it's kind of a code that we have. But, sweet Melissa and wholesome Kelly! What's up with that? Why is it that women will gang up on men to do things like this? Just because most of the time that men are bigger and stronger do they feel the need to walk around in packs like hungry wolves waiting to devour their prey? I was there to enjoy a wonderful evening of worship and spritual refilling and this kind of crime occurs! Why are women like that? Is it just me or have I just been out of the game to long and have forgotten how this works? Guys, help a brother out here. How do you keep from putting yourself in these kinds of situations? Because out of all that happened I have learned enough to know that somehow this is all MY FAULT! Be blessed beyond belief today.

15 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hawkman, you are my brother, my wingman, my pastor and my friend. Don't abandon me in my hour of need here! Unite with me as they do against me! Don't give them more fuel for the fire. B4T

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In female land it is not considered ganging up on males. We feel that we are protecting one of our own.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I have learned one thing, but I cant share it.
And yes somehow it's your fault!

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, le pauvre DEP, les femmes sont si cruelles . . . Poor DEP: women are so cruel!

That sound! Off in the distance . . . approaching rapidly . . . is that whining?

Mon cher DEP, that very evening, did someone not demonstrate the proper way to take a photograph? Before storing the photo on your phone, kindly allow the subject to see and approve it. Bitte, por favor, s'il te plait.

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dougie, Dougie, Dougie. When will you learn? If she wants it disposed of, DISPOSE OF IT!!! I thought you knew that by now. Back to basic "how to deal with women" training for you, my friend.

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear freind... You have such a GREAT DEAL to learn. (and so little time)... or on the other hand, how could you possible not know that already, duh?

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

You know, I understand why the women hang together on this stuff buy why are my brothers just leaving me out in the cold? I actually know why! You boys are scared of your women! That's right I'll go right ahead and say it, you boys are S-C-A-R-E-D! At least I still have the guts to say what I think and feel...so long as I get permission! B4T

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My grandfather had a little thing hanging on his wall that said, "I'm the boss in this house, and I have my wife's permission to say so". I never knew what it meant until I got married. Am I scared of my woman? Uh...yeah. You know my wife. I should be scared, shouldn't I?

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Bruiser, you have a lovely wife..and she has always been very nice to me...but I would be scared.
And DEP we are not SCARED, we are not leaving you hanging out to dry..Just helping you to learn a life lesson...we ain't stupid ya know!!

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger wowgirl said...

well...at the risk of incriminating myself, I must say that your memory seems to be as faulty as your logic. Miss Melissa had nothing to do with the events of September 13. It was actually me who handed the phone to Jamie. There is not some vast women against the men conspiracy at work here. I think comments have clearly demonstrated the you should have simply complied with Rachel's request to begin with.
If there is any vast conspiracy it seems all who carry that Y chromosome seem to find it necessary to repeated take and flaunt unflattering pictures of their female companions. I gotta tell ya...chicks just hate that. So, Doug, why would you poke the bear?

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh...nuff said? :D

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

well doug, i have to say...
candid pics pi$$ off the girls. sorry vera.
"Why are women like that? Is it just me or have I just been out of the game to long and have forgotten how this works? Guys, help a brother out here. How do you keep from putting yourself in these kinds of situations"

In the immortal words of Eric Idle: "Run away, Run away"

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Pete said...

it is WW... were is the subject?

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you keep from putting yourself in these kinds of situations?

You simply ask yourself BEFORE you act "What would Jesus do in this situation?". Then act accordingly!!!

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

DEP if you want to take candid shots of Ms Amazing at least let her approve of the photo. Heed these words of wisdom or else be facing the gang of women.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home