Monday, August 28, 2006

Six Months And Counting

You know, I was thinking. It was six months ago today that I met Rachel for the first time. Who'd a thunk back then that she and I would not only still be seeing each other but would be in love. I sure never saw that coming! We have both shared stories about each other in the blog world and are not shy of telling people how we feel! Quite frankly Rachel is one of the best things to happen in my life in many years. I know that many of you are married and have been that way for many years but I bet you can remember some very special days along the way. I will never forget the first time that Rachel came out to NewSong to check out my story! It was a great day! Or even the time that we shared our first kiss, that is an experience that I will never forget! The one thing that Rachel and I have shared over these past six months that is the most important thing is our love for Jesus! It truely was through Him that we were brought together and it is only through Him that we can stay together. He is truely at the center of all of this.
Tonight Rachel and I will have a very simple celebration. We are going to meet at the same Starbuck's where we met six months ago. I am sure that the evening will be filled with us sharing those early feelings of nervousness and insecurities. Later this week we will be traveling out to see the Thorpes and enjoy their company for a few days. Pray for us and our trip, as well as where God is going to lead us next in our relationship. It is likely that I will not blog again until sometime next week. All of you be blessed beyond belief today, tomorrow and for the rest of your lives.

10 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

thanks for sharing! Congratulations!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Love is grand!!!! It is so awesome to see you in this position Dougie. I would have to say that God has answered the many prayers about this situation. Love ya ....and Rachel rocks!!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hawkman, I haven't done anything with a comment. This is the first one that I have seen from you on this post. Try it again brother. B4T

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and coffee time is what?

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hawkman, you make it very easy to answer your question here. We are going to the Starbuck's in downtown NUNYA! B4T

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

You know Susanna, you didn't have to share that information you know! That was totally uncalled for here! You're way to smart :)! B4T

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

A milestone, congrats. Hawkman thats why I hate WORD verification and have removes it from my site.

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Oh I almost forgot see you at the function next Monday.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Congradulations and best wishes.

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... this "simple celebration"... anything memorable happen?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home