Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I Must Be More Careful

You know, I was thinking. Just when you think that nobody is paying attention to you, all of a sudden you get a BAM moment! Yesterday I was feeling very sensative to certain attacks that have been happening in the Lord's body at NewSong. So I decided to write about it. I also wanted to share a personal example of how listening to God and not listening to myself really kept me from doing something stupid! Well, after a couple of concerning comments an IM message and a phone call I decided that this point needed a little clarity. There is no unresolved conflict between me and any of my brothers. I experienced an attack that caused me to lose some perspective and to have some selfish feelings that just didn't belong there. The situation was not the fault of my brother, but of my own perception. The enemy saw an opportunity and tried to use it to drive a wedge between me and that brother. This is how the enemy works his way into our lives. He gets us to focus on our feelings instead of looking at the REAL picture.
Let me make this perfectly clear: EVERYTHING IS FINE IN MY RELATIONSHIPS WITH ALL OF MY BROTHERS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that that's been said, be blessed beyond belief today.

6 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you man!

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..err, ye slimy sea dog! arr.....

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's because I made fun of you at bowling, isn't it? I'm sorry. :(

hehe

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stained Glass Masquerade
by Mark Hall and Nicole Nordeman..
I don't think it bothers the world that we sin. I think it bothers the world that we act like we don't. There are times that instead of being myself and exposing my own weakness and hurt, I portray a character of the person that I know I should be. But when I expose myself as weak and frail at times, it frees the Body of Christ to restore me as it should and invites others to unmask as well.
Matthew 23:25-28 / Matthew 7:1-6 / John 8:7-9
Galatians 6:1 / 1 John 1:9 / 1 Corinthians 15:9
2 Corinthians 12:9 / Romans 14:1

There is trouble in relationships. There is trouble in churches. There are problems at work and in our families. We need to know and admit our weaknesses. We say and do things that hurt others and we do have to sometimes admit our sins and simple say "I am sorry" and not just say you misundertood what I said or mistook my intentions. That is compassion. We have to be accountable or our own sins and not try to portray some "stained glass masquerade" for all the world to see.

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim. Nail. Head.






Yaaarrrr....the booty be in the truth!

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim,

I could not agree more!! True and lasting relationships are born in the worst of times. It is how we work thru the hurtful stuff that truly reveals the depths of our love for our friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home