Tuesday, December 12, 2006

2006 A Year In Review

You know, I was thinking. This year the Pudgeman has had more changes happening in his life than ever before. Like the tendancy to refer to himself in the third person. As I was contemplating posting something this morning I thought why not share the highlights of the year with all of my avid readers. So for you enjoyment I present to you The Pudgeman 2006 Year In Review:

January: Cold, lonely, snow, think I need to start dating again. Why not try one of those internet dating services? In fact let's sign up on my birthday. Decision made, the Pudgeman will date again.

February: Started meeting people online and began the dating process. Wow, this is a lot like work! So many women yet so little time, let's narrow it down. Who's this chick from Waterford? She keeps writing back evertime I right her something. She looks pretty hot in her picture. Let's meet her on the 28th for coffee.
Emily swallows a barrette and momma had to go into the hospital. Very busy month overall, lots happening.

March: Many emotional highs and lows. Great to be dating again and this chick from Waterford seems really cool. I keep asking her out and she keeps saying yes! I dunno what will happen here but it seems pretty good to me. Momma has been inproving and emily has fully recovered. My uncle in New Jersey passes away. This dating service has got to stop though. I have been introduced to a bunch of women but have been concentrating on one. Rachel comes to Newsong and two days later informs me that there is somebody else that she has been talking to and is really confused about stuff. I hit about a low as I have ever hit personally, financially and emotionally. Will the valley ever end? Beware of the ides of March, now I know why Julius Ceasar was killed in March! Well, the month will end soon and spring is around the corner! I think I will start working out again, that could help.

April: God has got to give me a sign right away about Rachel. Go out for coffee after the play, share our first kiss, sign is given. Three days later other guys is out of the picture, what's that I see? Oh, it's a green light! By the end of the month I knew that I was in love with this woman. All other aspects of life inprove as well. Finances and emotions are on an up swing.

May - July: Life is good, life is busy and life is worth living. Getting to know this woman that I love and her family have taken up a lot of my time. NewSong is growing and I am trying to balance social, professional and spiritual activities. The Tigers are playing great ball, hey they could go all the way. It is a difficult month but many good things are possible. I get happy and frustrated all at the same time. God is good and keeps me going through all of it!

August: Not much going on early in the month but oh yeah, Rachel and I got engaged!

September: Vacation at the Thorpe's, Labor Day Invitational, BBQ Blowout and we are planning a July wedding.

October: Celebrated Rachel's birthday. Life is going crazy, driving is driving both of us nuts. We are both nearing the end of our roap with stress! Tigers loose the World Series in five games. Let's change the wedding date to January instead of July! Great plan, let's do something real small and we can have a party in July for everyone as well. On another note, momma has to have surgery! This is going to be a rough one.

November: Short vacation to Memphis, momma goes into and comes out of rehab, my brother comes to visit for a week, another uncle passes away and Thanksgiving day all in the same month. Novemeber is just a big blur!

December: Plant is shutting down for two weeks, get the opportunity to be reunited with my daughter that I haven't seen in 14 years, I am getting married in a month and oh yeah we have to fit Christmas in there somewhere! I am tired! But God is good and life is busy but wonderful.

There it is, for what it's worth. I cannot think of another year where my life has changed so dramatically. God is certainly bringing me through some tough times and allowing me some good time. Be blessed beyond belief today.

49 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to do it, but I'm gonna have to agree with hawkman. However, it has been a good year for you, Pudge, and I am also thankful for that. But you forgot to mention the joy that you get to experience every Wednesday with ME at the bowling alley!! I'm crushed. But I love ya anyway!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Bruiser, my appologies for the oversight. No intentional dissing on my part was intended. Now get off the computer, quit your whining and go back to work. B4T
Oh yeah, cya Wednesday!

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does that mean you'll be bowling? Your back is better?

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sore you forgot to mention that time when we broke bread together...

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Bruiser, my intention is to bowl on Wednesday! If that changes then I will call you by tomorrow morning. Russell, every meal that I have with you is memorable. You and I have broken bread together many times in 2006! It would have been a taks to have recorded everyone properly and accurately. Now, you quit your whining and get back to work. B4T

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pilgrimage slip your mind too? C'mon Pudge - I expect a LOT more outta you! LOL

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Douglas...you also bought a GREAT car in December. All jokes aside, what a wonderful year!! Be blessed!

Donna

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Alrighty then,Bruiser you are in charge of writing 2006 - The Doug E. Pudge Story. It will be a made for TV movie. That way you can enlist all of your friends to give all of the complete details of my year. In fact this would probably turn into a mini-series! Thanks to all of you for such a wonderful year. The only thing better than having a great year like this one is having great friends to share it with. B4T

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now wait just a minute here. First of all, I'm not looking to replace you. I'm just pointing out some of the things that I feel made up part of the blessings of 2006 so that other readers may enjoy the moments as well. As far as the unprovoked attack on you personally...that's just me. You should know that by now.
If I was to write your Year In Review, it would go something like this:
Cool stuff happened. Met a great woman. Gonna marry her. Sports were good. Took some trips. Hung out with some guys. Good year over all. The end.
See? Very vague, nobody says "hey, what about this and that? You forgot about this". You get the idea.
Be blessed Bro!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Bruiser, you made me laugh well this morning. Can't wait til tonight. Now, get off the computer and go back to work! B4T

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

What about a wonderful small group that you were apart of...long, long ago. You see Doug...we all just like to whine and you gave us that opportunity. What about....??JK!!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Kelly, welcome to Pudgefest '06! This is a great opportunity for everyone to tell me what I left out! I know that I didn't hit everything that there was to hit, but you are all helping fill in the gaps. B4T

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I read about the softball season either...

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was gonna mention that myself, newsong, but I didn't want to seem "pushy". :D

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Jay said...

What about the Dinner and Movie that we saw with the Pastor and Wife..Dougy Booby!!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Didn't you go to Cedar Point also?

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Or is your list just the high points of 2006?....and that means that playing ball was a low point?
Please explain??

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Jay said...

What about growing the beard, you left that out too!

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suddenly, there was a loud thud on the roof...

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How dare you forget about me!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Alright I like this game. Let's all list the "important" things that I didn't mention that happened to me in 2006! See if we can hit 100 comments by 4:00 tomorrow afternoon! B4T

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Jay said...

What about all those "predictions" you made..those really werent important?

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

August: Not much going on early in the month but oh yeah, Rachel and I got engaged! That's pretty funny. Had to pick myself up off the floor.

What about the invitationals...no mention of the golf outings.

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know get off the computer and go to bed, yeah, yeah!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hey we're only at 26 and there is about 9 1/2 hours left. Let's move it! B4T

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember that time when you passed gas...

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Which time...I can remember a couple of those!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Is there an echo in here?

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Like none of you have ever passed memorable gas! I got stories on each one of you like the mudpuppy on Wednesday night! B4T

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Don't try to change the subject with feable threats young Jedi...this is all about you remember!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

How is what I wrote considered a threat! It is simply a recall of events in my life that involved all of you and you inability to stop the sudden explosions from your rectal regions! How is that a threat? Jedi! B4T

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember that time in 2006 when you said, "Come on brother" in church?

Man, what a great year!

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or even that time you said "Amen". Yeah, who could forget that moment?

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Keep 'em coming, only 62 more to go with about 4 hrs. and 15 min. remaining. B4T

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, the year isn't over yet. You could have several more memorable moments. Like the one last night where you fell on the floor because you didn't push your chair out far enough. How's the knee, by the way?

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...and about last night...What about the fact that we nabbed 7 points last night? What about that stunning 10th frame of the 3rd game when we were all tied up and our captain and anchor man Kirk put three in the pocket to give us the victory? Those are all good moments, too.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Nice one Bruiser! B4T

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Jay said...

What about all those times you held up the stop sign at 3rd base and got ignored?

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Jay said...

That was Cool...Huh!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Way cool dude! B4T

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you receive an email this year at some point?

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap, you forgot all about that time when you were stuck in the bathroom without any ... um ... paper products...

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Russell you're right how could I forget about those events? Well, we have about an hour and ten minutes to get another 53 comments! I don't think we're going to make it here. Perhaps the bar was set too high this time. B4T

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember when we did an Ode to Eggs earlier this year?

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Alright, who is acessing my ID? Is that the blogfather? Must be, he's the only one with those kind of skills in this family. And yes, I loved the ode to eggs! B4T

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

This is just because I can't stand to be at 49 comments. Now it's an even 50! We made it at least half way to the goal! Grace will make up the rest. B4T

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. 50 is a nice round number!!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

50 is a great number, and it gets closer all the time, eh dougthusaleh? Remember when Pete coined the phrase? I loved that.

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fivety Tooth is a great number too. That is how many I am.

Remember George: no man is a failure who has friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home