Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Life Is Funny

You know, I was thinking. Sometimes life just gives you something really funny that you just have to share with the whole world. Last night I was up in Waterford. Rachel and I had to go by Office Max and then went to dinner. When we got back to her house I had to use the bathroom so I go in and do my business and then realize that the neccessary paper product that was needed was absent from the scene! Well, I began to weigh my options! Some of the considerations I will not share publically but just suffice it to say that I felt I had options. Since I could reach the door from a seated position I thought about opening it up and yelling for Rachel. I didn't like that plan much and was hesitant to do it! Just then I remembered a piece of valuable technology that was fastened to my belt! I grabbed my cell phone and called Rachel's cell! She answered kind of strangely and I said "honey...." She laughed and said "do you need toilet paper?" I said in my shy voice "uh huh!" In just a couple of minutes she is outside the door saying "special delivery!"

The topper to all of this was that at the time I called her, she was in the upstairs bathroom! Isn't life funny? With all of the stuff that might be happening with you today try to take some time to laugh a little bit. If you don't, God may allow you to be in a situation where you just have to laugh. Be blessed beyond belief today.

6 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People say LOL all the time and don't really mean it, but man did I laugh out loud.

Reminds me of a similar story while working at Spectrum Printers. I went with the shuffle-to-the-sink-and-look-in-the- cabinet option. Sure enough, somebody walks in, looks at me, and walks back out.

Gotta do whatcha gotta do.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

That was the best laugh of the day...maybe week. Rachel must be happy about the "option" you chose.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Well Hawkman I will let you know that there was a hand towel that was hanging by the sink that caught my attention. But then what do you do? Give it to Rachel to launder? Grab a plastic shopping bag (which was available in the bathroom) and sneak out to the trash can and not say a word? Way too complicated so I kinda flushed that plan! B4T

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I had a bit of a backache when I sat down to read, now my side kinda hurts.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Mmm, Have you seen the movie "Flushed Away" yet?

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger ryan said...

that a true sign of love

 

Post a Comment

<< Home