Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sarah Beth

You know, I was thinking. It is funny sometimes how God works. You can pray and pray about something and just when you've adjusted to what is apparently an answer of NO, God makes it a yes.

On October 8, 1986 Sarah Elizabeth was born. This folks is my daughter. She was the joy of my life and a precious little girl. Sarah was only about six years old when her mother and I divorced. After a few months of trying to be her daddy I realized that the life that I was living was not one that I wanted to drag my little girl though. Custody had already been given to her maternal grandparents (who are wonderful people) so I left her life so that she could have a "normal" kind of existance. Later on I allowed those same grandparents to adopt Sarah and decided that it was the best thing for her. I still question my decisions but God has handled everything in only the way that he can.

Just last Tuesday I found out that my nieces Tonya and Angie had made contact with Sarah and that Sarah was open to me contacting her. I was estatic!! I wanted my little girl (now 20) back in my life and now I had the chance to have a relationship with Sarah again. There is a lot of stuff for us to share and for us to deal with but we are on our way. God only knows what the future holds for us but I am willing to be patient and allow the healing to take place that needs to happen with both of us. I am truly blessed!

I say all of that to say this. Don't give up on God. Twelve short months ago I was alone and had no idea where or when I could ever find happiness. Today I am less than a month from my wedding and I have been in contact with Sarah! God really has given me some blessings that I am unworthy of receiving. I am glad that God doesn't require any of us to be "worthy" of blessings. All things are done in God's time and the way He wants them done. I know many of you who regularly read this understand what it is like to wait on God. Please understand that there is an answer that God is just waiting to give you. Pastor Tom has often said that God has three answers to prayer: Yes, no and grow. I got the answer to grow and then God gave me a resounding yes! What an incredible gift!

Wait on God and he will be faithful. Know that he cares and loves you more than you can even imagine. Be blessed beyond belief today.

12 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok your nephew Jamie and Great niece Debbie looked also. Actually it took Debbie 1 minute to find her and the rest of have been looking for years.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I am so happy for you. A friend and I were discussing your situation last evening. How about 14 months ago, we prayed over you in my living room for both of the things you mentioned (a partner/soulmate, and for your daughter). I continue to be amazed how God makes a way where there seems to be no way! I cannot begin to describe how overjoyed I am that God has given you a resounding "YES!"

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Tonya, I stand corrected. Didn't mean to slight anyone in this whole thing. Sammy, that is exactly the point! God does listen and respond to what we need. This time it just happen to be exactly what I wanted and asked for! B4T

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome story.

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Awesome story. For what it's worth, in my eyes, you do deserve these blessings. Be Blessed Dougie! We love you!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Doug, This is just an awesome testimony...again. I am SOOOO happy for you. This appears to be two situations where God has said move forward and you know what the right answer is!!!!!! I truly LOVE to see the joy beaming from your face. Hands up to our God....and Rachel and Sarah.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Such an awesome post. I can't imagine how hard your decision to allow your daughter to be adopted by her maternal grandparents. You certainly must be overjoyed with all of God's blessings. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

I always wondered if you had a child. I can't remember you speaking of one. A couple of times I wanted to ask but I also didn't want to pry.
\o/ Praises

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

When was the last time you saw her?

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Kodiak, I have spoken of Sarah to a few people but it has not been "common knowledge". The last time I saw here was in 1992 when she was just six years old. B4T

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

What a marvelous Christmas gift for you both.

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo...when do the rest of us get to meet her? I suppose you want to get to know her first, huh? Well, I guess that'll be okay. Of course, I never got formally introduced to Rachel, so I suppose I'll never "meet" Sarah. JUST KIDDING!!! Be blessed bro!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home