Sunday, December 31, 2006

49 Hours

You know, I was thinking. Here I am on a Sunday morning in Waterford, Michigan. Rachel and I attended the early service at her church so that we can get some things finished with moving my stuff into her house. What that means is that there are some things that she needs to do by herself in the house and she needed me to "get lost" for awhile. Trust me when I say that being a Starbuck's drinking a fine cup of brew and blogging are better than me saying "let me help" and her saying "I can do it faster by myself"! Since I hadn't checked emails for over a week, this seemed like the prudent thing to do.

Right now we are looking at just under fortynine hours until the time that we are to be wed. I am excited and ready to get this new era of my life started. God has brought us together for His purposes and we are constantly looking at that in our lives. My life has changed tremendously in 2006 and my hope is that through all of these changes that I am honoring God. I am looking forward to being a married man with a very loving and faithful woman like Rachel. We do have our moments like any other couple has but through it all we love one another and have always been able to work things out. God has been so good to us and we both recognize that. He is our rock and our deliverer and He will bring us through every challenge that we may face in our lives.

As a guy I have found that my thoughts and views on things do different from that of the woman that I love. The stresses of finding just the right thing to wear for the ceremony and exactly how we are going to make room for Doug's stuff in the closet just don't impact me the same way they do Rachel but I have learned a lot through this process. I need to stay grounded and focused and never ever try to jump in and help unless I am asked to do so. It is difficult to just stand back and let someone else do the work (especially if I think that I could help) but I keep reminding myself that we have been two separate people for a lot of years and that it will take time for our lives to completely meld together. We will get there though, that I am sure.

To all those who read this blog I would like to wish all of you a Happy New Year and all of my love for the year to come. Be blessed beyond belief today.

3 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Dougie and Rachel Love ya Tons, your favorite niece

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Love ya DEP!! Can't wait to see you. Congrats to you and Rachel. P.S., I noticed how you signed your Christmas cards=))).

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

congratulations! Happy second day of marriage. God bless you both!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home