Thursday, October 11, 2007

Life In Hazleton

You know, I was thinking. Well, yesterday marked the eight week point of my life here in Hazleton, PA. It has been an interesting ride thus far. Career wise I am almost at the point of knowing what I am doing and what is expected of me. With the help of some fantastic employees we have got the warehouse straightened out pretty well. My attention has now been put on finishing up organize the corrugate warehouse and the label cage. Once those things are done then it's off to organize two off site warehouses and then learn the things that my assistants do that make this place run. All in all it's been very busy around here and that doesn't appear to be ending soon. On top of everything else that's happening the guy that hired me here and was my boss got let go on Tuesday so now I have a new boss to get to know. I think that this is all going to be for the bettter but I really did like the old guy, although I do understand the reasons for letting him go.

On the personal side of things, being away from my family really stinks. Rachel and I have been taking turns going back and forth. She had actually made the trip out here for three weeks in a row. I finally got to go back home last weekend which was great. One of the best things was taking the time to go to NewSong for Sunday service. That was just the shot in the arm I needed! Still miss everyone a ton!

Well, it's off to the first of three morning meetings. All of you be blessed beyond belief today.

8 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you Sunday!! Get'r done in PA brother, we'll be out soon.

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was awesome seeing your smiling, bearded, face in the crowd on Sunday!

Maybe we could make a cardboard cutout of you and place it in your usual spot? We could have a tape player with you saying, "Amen! Preach it! Come on Tom! etc."

peace out...

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please send your best "Amen! Preach it! Come on Tom! etc." recording to Tom @ NewSong.

"Dittos" on the great to see you. Wish Rachal could have joined you, too.

 
At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have your house on the market yet? It was really good to see you. You look good in green. You look like you lost some weight or trimmed your beard?

Did you notice the Tribe made it to the ALCS? Did Shel notice?

Do they use high quality water meters in Hzltn?

Do you feel you are on a continuous Pilgrimage?

Where's Jim? Why is there air?

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it was nice seeing you for like 3min. on Sunday, didn't even know you were in town!! What's up with that? I wish I could have seen my Aunt, and Cousins!!! Maybe next time, and when will that be? Who know's you never let us know!!!!!!! love ya me

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

I am like the wind! You never know when I going to blow into town! Love you all, B4T

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

You made Bobby and I both stop our conversation and gasp as you strode confidently across the lot. The morning sun momentarily blinded me, and I quoth, "Is that...can it be...DEP? It IS!!" It was like living the Star Spangled Banner.








Seriously though, it was awesome to see you!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Sammy, it's time to go out there and really find that life you've been looking for! Or is it that you're just being a touch dramatic? Anyway, it was great being home. B4T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home