Sunday, July 22, 2007

It's Been Awhile

You know, I was thinking. It has been ten days since I last posted anything so it's about time that I did. During this time many things have happened. I haven't heard anything yet about the job out in PA but it is looking like the job is going to an internal candidate. I do have another resume in for a different position in Hazleton, PA that would actually be a better job for me but I haven't had any activity yet on that one. The best lead that I have right now involves a Materials Manager position over in Howell. The job is listed with a company that has someone there that is a friend of Rachel's! It is kind of funny how this person gave his recommendation for me to interview for the position before the recruiter that contacted me had a chance to send my resume over! I expect to hear from that sometime tomorrow.

On another note, Rachel got a phone call from the school she works at on Thursday letting her know that letters went out to the parents of all the students asking for a tuition increase for the year. The bottom line here is that if they don't get the increase then the school will be closing. That would put both of us out of work! Not a good situation right now so needless to say that we do indeed covet your prayers right now.

Then on yet another note I have been dealing with some fallout from my former employer. I won't go into details right now about anything but let me admit to all of you that I am not proud of how I have conducted myself in some matters dealing with them. I do believe that forgiveness has been given to me by my God and my wife but there is still some fallout to handle and it is being handled with all due dilligence.

It is not easy admitting when you have done something wrong and it is even more difficult to deal with all of the fallout from it. But, I have been shown a lot of love and compassion by those who are in the loop about all of these things and I am eager to go beyond this. I know that over time all things will be made whole again but it just stinkin' hurts to know that I have done something wrong that has caused a great deal of pain and suffering to people that I truly care for. Once again I covet your prayers for me and for my family.

On a positive note, I have received it on good athority that God is still the creator of the universe and that He is still in control. I have also received word that Jesus is still the Lord of my life and that His Spirit still resides in me. Quite frankly, the universe is still running the way it is supposed to run and I am just one small piece of that universe. No matter what might happen in life to throw you a curve ball, whether you've caused it yourself or not, God is always there to help you deal with the mess as long as you allow Him to help. I cannot tell you how much comfort I have had knowing that these past couple of weeks.

As you go through your day today give God the praise, as you walk through life this week give God the glory, and if you really mess things up then let the people you love know about it and allow them to help you though it. None of us can do it on our own but when we all live a life of true community then we indeed can "do all things through Christ who strengthens us...." Be blessed beyond belief today.

4 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you blogging again. You are in my prayers....daily.

 
At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, it occurred to me to!

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I really like what you said, about letting people you love know when you mess up and letting them help you through it. It's true, no man is an island. Thanks for sharing this with us today, and I will continue to pray for you and your family's situations.

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

None of us are on a pedestal nor should we be. We all fall short of the glory. I've been praying for all those who are unemployed at Newsong and that God will bring jobs (good paying) back to Michigan. I will add Rachael to the list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home