Monday, August 06, 2007

Just When You Think...

You know, I was thinking. It really is funny how God works these days. I mean things for the past couple of months (especially the last three weeks) have been enormously stressful! I've had these major problems with my former employer (mostly caused by me), the plant closed, my unemployment has been held up and then Rachel was informed last Friday that she lost her job! We had a tough weekend to say the least. I believe in walking by faith and I really do believe that God is in control but this has been getting ALMOST more than I can handle.

Well, over the weekend we had people of prayer praying for us. I have sent out at least 250 resumes over the past four weeks and have had a grand total of five interviews (two of them by phone only and one with just the recruiter). For those of you who might not quite get it at this point, both Rachel and I have been discouraged. Last Friday I began to pray that God would provide us some relief from all of this! Some kind of encouragement to bring us out of this huge tailspin that we have been in for the past month.

Well today we got some stress pulled off of our shoulders. I received a job offer! Not just an offer but one that the base pay exceeds what Rachel and I made combined this past year! This is also a job that I will love doing. The only draw back is that the job is in West Hazleton, PA. Not that this is a problem but it was not OUR first choice to relocate. But, God is making provisions and I am not one to take that lightly.

Here's the deal, we have to either accept or reject this offer no later than this Friday (8/10/07). I am asking everyone who is willing, to pray about this. If I have no other offers by Thursday evening then we are going to accept the offer that was made. If we have another offer then we will have to evaluate and make the best decision that we can. I love all of my friends and family here in SE Michigan but I am being honest with you that it really tough to find work around this area.

God is good all the time! His mercies endure forever! He has given me the desires of my heart and I will not turn from Him! Pray for us during these next few days and I will let all of you know what is happening when the time comes. Be blessed beyond belief today.

7 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's another offer before Friday...

I'll glady give you $10 a week to mow my lawn!!!

You can report this Monday.

rth

ps. I've missed you since 2006

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey just to let you know from the first time you went to Penn. I knew that is where you would be going. I DON'T like it but except it. It is all in him glorious plan. Love you too much me

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Top five things that occurred to me about West Hazleton, PA..

1. Reminds me of the Billy Joel tune "Allentown" which is not far from there. "So you living near near Allentown...and they've taken all the coal from the ground..."

2. You are just two and half hours from NY, NY. Just a short drive from Broadway. Your favourite AM stations out of NY are at 660, 770, 880 and 990 on your AM radio dial and 660 is all sports all the time. Imus used to be on 660 back before..

3. West Hazleton is just a chip and a putt from Pottsville. Pottsville is the home of the Pottsville Maroons, controversial NFL Champions of 1925...You can look it up on "www.pottsvillemaroons.com"

4. You can purchase Yeungling, also from Pottsville, PA.

5. People will ask you "JEET?"

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Raivynn said...

Congrats on the great sounding job offer, Doug! It seems ot me that God may be leading you to something biggerand better, an oppotunity for you to reach more people for Him. I bet you'll even find a great church family to join faster than you would think.

And, though you will be leaving friends behind in MI, there are always emails, blogs, and the good ol' telephone! (Oh, yeah, and those archais hand written things delivered by carbon monoxide bleching contraptions).

And just think, you could rebrand yourself as PudgePA!

And, and ,and ... you could go visit Hershey and eat all sorts of chocolate!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I just said a prayer for you

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you, bro. I'd hate to see you go, but I'd hate even more for you to miss an opportunity like this. Sounds like God wants you in PA. My aunt lives in Allentown, so swing by there now and then and pay her a visit. ;-)

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's going to be a long drive from the tee in PA to the green in MI. We don't want you to go to PA but you must follow where God leads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home