Monday, June 13, 2005

Some Truths

You know, I was thinking. I have had a pretty tough week these past seven days. I chose not to give the datails but suffice it to say that I have been battling. Now, once again for those of you that know me you'll jump right to that addiction stuff again. Not to worry that is not the battle that has been going on. There has been battles on numerous fronts and I feel somewhat exhausted this morning. To top all of this off I come in and get the email that was forwarded to me about a friend by the name of Scott Gray who lost his battle with brain cancer on Sunday but won a victory and is now with Jesus. This just doesn't help my disposition at all this morning. Please understand that not everything has been negative. Sometimes it's just feels like I am wading through a pool of mud and although I know that I can see the goal, it just takes so long to get there. A little honesty this morning might help me clear my head. The deeper my relationship with Jesus gets, the tougher the battles rage on. I know that HE will see me through it. HE has done it before and HE will do it again. But, you folks need to know that with DEP it's the same as it is with you. Many things have tried to discourage me this week, I was even very distracted at worship service yesterday. I try very hard to do what God has called me to do and my own inabilities to do those things just stand there and glare at me.
It is times like this that I have to go and get into the word and into prayer. I KNOW that God will deliver me. HE has done it before and HE will do it again. HE is the source of my strength and HE has never let me down. I want to get me out of the way in this and allow Jesus to work HIS works. I know that we have a lot of fun on this blog and we will continue to do just that over and over again. But this is indeed the real world and although I like to be an oasis for thought provoking humor, I also think all of you need to see what is real. "Now, to him who is able to do imeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" is the scripture that comes to mind right now. HE has made me glad is the song HE has put in my heart. Where are you at today? Do you dare admit when you are struggling to at least one person? I am not looking for sympathy or even encouragement, you folks give me that continually. What I am looking to do today is to let every reader know that it's alright to admit when you feel weak. Jesus is Lord and be blessed today.

7 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Daag! I saw your picture while my dad was looking at the pewper and said DAAG!! Dada said to say BBT...

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

If that don't make you smile, nuttin will. You BBT also Tanner.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger big j said...

Too be truthful I've personal been weak for about 4-5 weeks now. not knowing where the end is and not even see the end going back and fouth with alot things. Not know where I fit in, not knowing where to go, and what to do. but I do know god will see me through this. :-}

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Pete said...

Doug,

I am there with you. I have been struggling to give up my control on several issues. To let God steer, and wait for his plan to take effect. I know that what he has planned is best, I just need to sit still and listen to his guiding. I am sorrowful for Scott's family and thier loss but joyous at Scott's gain. His suffering has ended and his NEW life has begun.

BBH (BIG BEAR HUG)

Just came to me..

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

"What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us." - Helen Keller

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Ph 4:6. I am praying for Scott and his family today.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

You are also on my prayer list as well, brother. God Bless You.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home