Friday, July 01, 2005

Friday Feast - An Ode To Nephews

You know, I was thinking. When I was 2 1/2 years old I became an uncle for the first time. I now have eleven nieces but only four nephews (this does not include any of the great nieces & nephews). Yeah, I have brothers and sisters who have taken the scripture "be fruitful and multiply" as a personal challenge! But it's great being an uncle especially to my nephews! Don't get me wrong, my nieces are great, but it must be a guy thing or something so let me give you an insight as to who these four guys are:
#1: Lowell Jackson Mollette Jr. - The only son and oldest child of my brother Jack. He got this position in my list simply because of birth order and he has been like the little brother that I never really wanted. He is actually closer in age to me than my older sister Sheila (he turns 40 on Aug. 9) and we spent a great deal of time together when we were kids. He and I experienced a lot together in our youth both good an bad. I am very proud of the man that he has become and the brother in the Lord that he is to me. No matter how hard you try, you will always be number one.
#2: Chad Michael Nicks - The only son of my sister sheila. He is part of the generation of kids that actually use the title uncle when they refer to me. He is now 16 and headed to the Marine Corp when he graduates high school. He is hyper and full of energy (yes I envy him). Those of you golfing in the Classic will get to meet him. He's a good kid who is becoming a good man.
#3: Justin Lee Mollette - The only son and youngest child of my brother Jerry. He's two now and as hyper as can be. Anyone at the BBQ Blowout at the compound on monday will get to meet this little bundle of energy. I can't wait for him to grow up enough to mess with.
#4: Jamie Ryan Fraley - The only son of my sister Patti. He acheived the position of number four (Quatro) only because he is the one that I have literally messed with since his birth. Quatro and I have probably spent more time together than me and all of the other nephews combined. He has grown into a good man, father, husband and brother in the Lord to me. I know that I mess with him a lot (and he with me) but my love for him goes deeper than anyone could every imagine. He will remain number four however because that is just the way it has to be.
Hey folks, God then family! Love them all! Be blessed today.

11 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

Could you go over your logic as to how Quatro got to be number 4 again? or still I mean. or is.

There goes that bell again. Sorry. What ever happened to open Mike Friday? What is there that I dont need to know today?

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

First of all Mike has left the building. Secondly you don't need to know how Quatro became Quatro. BBT

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

Ok, anything else I don't need to know?

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger big j said...

hey dep thanks for all the nice words. but hey you have been saying alot of nice things about me. whats going on I'm not used to all this. :->

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Oh, Rhonda didn't tell you about your last Dr. visit? My bad! BBT & you'll be missed.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger big j said...

ha ha very funny :-}

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Jay said...

You know I try so hard not to be #1 that it has cursed me, I think I'll start trying to be #1, then maybee I'll slip to 2-3,
ehh too much work!!
BBT yourself!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Jay said...

O.K it just hit me!
Who are you and where is the real DEP!!
Ya the picture looks like him,
But I'm questioning the rest!!

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost as bad as reading all those geneologies with all the begets and all.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

I liked wild wednesdays better. Promise not to ask for money or a taco....:~}

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Dude, you just got skinnied!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home