Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Loving The Unloveable!

You know, I was thinking. It is really easy to show love to someone who returns it. It is easy to be kind to someone who is a kind person. It is easy to respect someone who shows respect. But how do you treat those who are unloving, unkind and disrespectful? How do we interact with people who are rude and mean? How do we keep from wishing harm on those who have hurt us deeply? Jesus has some of the toughest instructions in Luke chapter six when he tells us to love everyone. You see Jesus wants us to become like him. This means we have to love to the point of death if that's what it takes. Jesus showed unconditional love to everyone he encountered. He is God in the flesh and still lives among us today! We are his representatives on earth and when people see us they should see Jesus.
Where is your love level at today? Not just showing love to those who return it to you, but showing it to those who either cannot or will not! I'll be honest, I haven't done a very good job in this area. But thank you Lord that you have revealed yet another lesson to me today and I still have an opportunity to grow because of YOUR grace. Be blessed beyone belief today.

5 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

I just have to say it...."I love you man!!!". Yes, and may you use a huge forgiving measure and may you bear gracious fruit this day!!!IDYBT!!!Alleluia!!!I am happy in the love and favor of the Lord, our God Today!!!Thank you Jesus!!!!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

All brevity aside, I am convicted that we do not have to look far to find a child of God that for whatever reason (we do not know) seems to be displaying a mean spirit. Jesus died for ALL and we are commanded to treat each as such. Amen...

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

So by telling me that you love me man are you saying that I am one of those that are difficult to love? Just kidding (I think). But I agree, all people are loved by God. Even those that we can hardly stand to be around. But we must show the love of Christ ALWAYS! B4T my brother.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Russell said...

Reminds me of a controversial tshirt that i tend to like and fully agree with.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Kodiak said...

DEP,I do not always have what it takes to love those who treat me unkindly. Fact is I don't always want to. It's to easy not to. But I am convicted to not give up and by the leading and conviction of the Holy Spirit I give in. Praise God always. \o/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home