Friday, December 02, 2005

So, How Would You Feel?

You know, I was thinking. Imagine sitting in a room full of people who have been Christians for many years. All of you are engaged in great conversations about the deepest thoughts in scripture when all of a sudden a twelve year old enters the room. He sits quietly in the corner listening intently on the words that are being said. A woman who is participating in the discussion turns to the young boy and says "son, what do you think"? The thoughts and insights amaze everyone in the room. The boy begins talking about those things of God that only a mature Christian could understand. He baffles those around him as to how much knowledge, insight and wisdom he has about the things of God!
If you can imagine this scene then you can begin to put yourself in the shoes of those elders in the temple some 2000 years ago. That's when a young boy named Jesus first walked into their lives. I'm sure there were some in the room who wanted to dismiss the words of the savior but Luke tells us that they were "amazed" by his questions.
There are those today that still want to dismiss Jesus in their lives. While yet others are amazed by what he is able to do still today. Where are you at with this thought. How do you view your savior today? As always be blessed beyond belief today.

4 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

I strive to continue to improve my relationship with Jesus daily. My husband has been a great example and motivator for me. It is an everyday change, and will continue until the day I meet our Lord. One of my greatest lesson I have learned and am still learning is "in Gods time". Things just go so much smoother when it is His time, not ours. It may be discouraging at first, but when the light bulb goes off, I find myself saying over and over "He really does know what he is doing". Be Magestically Sanctified Today.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

Amazing is the best superlative to use!

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

May we all grow with Jesus in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and men...

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

Well when I find out that everything is smooth sailing, I usually on the wrong road. And sure enough I look for God and He is off in the distance waiting for me to finish what I think is best and once again I begin my walk towards God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home