Thursday, December 08, 2005

Where Is Your Seed Growing?

You know, I was thinking. In the parable of the sower and the seed, Jesus describes four distinctly different areas where the seeds would go. The path, where the birds would eat it up. The rocks, where it would begin to grow and to die. The thorns, where the seed would get choked out. Then finally the fertile ground where the seed would flourish and multiply. Each and every one of us has had a seed planted in our hearts. Our hearts are one of four different growing conditions. Where is your seed growing? Be blessed beyond belief today.

3 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

I would pray that my seed is growing in such a place that I would be considered "brother". "For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be know or brought out in the open". Luke 8:17... Now I find that convicting...

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Ah yes but the seed must grow and mature before it can bear fruit! B4T

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

I think it is growing in the back yard. Just kidding. Honestly, I would say I strive for the path that Jesus chooses, but I find my seeds by rocks or thorns more then I care to admit. Good intentions, but sometimes they don't get carry out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home