Tuesday, January 10, 2006

What Do You Wake Up To?

You know, I was thinking. For the past several years now (I really don't know how many) I've been waking up to the same song. You see my alarm clock has a CD player on it and you can set it to wake up to a song on a CD. Back in about 2001 the group South 65 (country & never really made it big) had a song out that just absolutely spoke volumes to me. The song title is "A Random Act Of Simple Kindness". I never could find the CD that it was on but I did find the single on CD. So for about $2 I bought it. I have been waking up to it ever since. Why you might ask? Just because that the thought that I like to start everyday with! The heart of the song is that we always hear about all of the bad stuff going on in the world but rarely do we hear about the good stuff. So instead of just letting this take a hold of you, we need to go out and start practicing random acts of simple kindness. In other words take control and make a difference. I like starting my day with that thought.
So, what are you waking up to? How do you start your day? Maybe your start has nothing to do with how you wake up, but your routine after you do wake up! No matter how you choose to do it, start each day with a positive note. Give you day to God new every single day. Don't just try it, make it a habit! A lifestyle! You will be amazed as to how it will change you. Be blessed beyond belief today.

5 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

When my princess bride was employed outside the home we were waking up to Bishop Kenneth L. Tate and his Supernatural Body of Christ Ministry call in devo and prayer show at 4 am on WMUZ. They did the show live and there some mornings you could tell that somebody's souls had caught on fire! Some mornings it would just jolt you straight up out of the bed!! We still have the clock on WMUZ but the 4 am wake up setting has been muted, so to speak...

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

From Psalm 139...

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"

12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger big j said...

yea Think if you had to wake up to me every morring.:->

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

The thought of that just absolutely scares me! B4T

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger loved truly said...

I wake up to multitudes of things, 2 alarm clocks going off, 3 if my son's is on, people walking around the house and sometimes I can even add the phone into that mix. Unfortunatly if given the opportunity I won't even get up to all that, I would just roll over and go right back to bed. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home