Thursday, March 23, 2006

Keeping Perspective

You know, I was thinking. This picture was taken in December of 2001. Although it's not a good picture because I had to scan it in, it is indeed me. Here I was a stealthy 451#! I have had a hard time lately keeping my perspective on the important things in life. My God, my Family, my Friends and my Health are the most important things to me. This is where my focus needs to be. I haven't been able to maintain focus for the past few weeks for a number of reasons. Most of which have been centered around my own confusion and pessimistic attitude. I have praised, cried out to, yelled at and humbled myself before God! He is definately big enough to handle the Pudge on his worst days! He is always in control and will never for any reason let me down! He is the rock of my salvation and the cornerstone of my faith. I have indeed been in a dark place lately that has required much prayer, fasting and of course the support of some great friends! God always provides. There are days that the highs are followed closely by the lows. Some days, I am just ready to give up. But God has strengthened me to this point and given me endurance! I don't know his plan, but I do know his promises. "Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you as well".

Here I am two years ago (little more gray now, but pretty much the same) at a much healthier 250#. I know that God has changed me from the inside out. My struggles do not revolve around those things that are seen on the outside but the standards that I set for myself on the inside. God has changed me. My standards are higher now than they have ever been. I will often be more self critical and self analytical because of where God has brought me from. He has made me a better man not because I deserve it, but because of His grace and His mercy in my life. The only thing good that is in me is what God has put there. I am forever grateful to Him for the strength He has given me. Please go out and be blessed beyond belief today.

9 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Russell said...

Funny. I was looking at an older picture of you Tuesday. Amazing the things that happen when our perspective and priorities change. The Pudge is a great model of what can be done when you put God first.

ps. Love that leg flash!!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger wowgirl said...

You are truly an inspiration...remember that in the dark times:)

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger where's jim? said...

Well, shaving off that goatee certainly makes a big difference in your appearance!!I know God likes what He sees!!(And I read some where He knows our most hidden things we don't even know!!)

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

What amazes me is that God loves us where we are at and His love is unconditional.

\o/

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Nice job Pudge. You are an awesome person. Love ya...by the way, I like the leg flash too!!!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Hey Kel, you are a married lady. Sorry babe you got no shot at the Pudgeman! Besides I think that Chris could put some major hurt on me! Russ, you need some serious psychological help brother! B4T

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger big j said...

No more Pictures please

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

it's funny, the outside has dwindled a lot, but the Doug I know and have grown to love so deeply is growing and changing so much! Love ya bro!

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the good, good news for us. God knows the ways in which we suffer for he suffered all the way to the cross.

Therefore--we're never alone, no matter how dark and pessemistic things seem.

Northern Pastor :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home