Thursday, March 16, 2006

To Boldly Go...

You know, I was thinking. I am a tremendous fan of all of the Star Trek series' that have ever been aired on TV. There is not an episode of the original series that I haven't seen. I have also enjoyed Star Trek The Next Generation, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Star Trek Voyager and Star Trek Enterprise. I have also enjoyed all 10 feature motion pictures (yes I can name them all, but because I want to try to keep your attention so I'll refrain). In the truest sense of the word I am a fan of Star Trek. I am NOT however a Trekkie, Treker nor do I own a pair of Vulcan ears! I have never been to a convention and I do not own a toy phaser. I do have an original series watch that was given to me as a Christmas present a few years ago (unopened and still in it's original pagaging cause you never know). I have always enjoyed the fantacy world of space travel. But it is just that, a fantacy! Kinda fun to get caught up in for a short time and take break. But what is really the final frontier?
I believe that the final frontier can be different for all of us. What is that thing that you need to explore and conquer in your life? What is it that you need to do to become closer to the Father? What "aliens" have you needed to battle lately? I often find myself on either the brink of failure or victory. It seems like life will bring us to extremes sometimes. The decisions that I make aren't always right but I do the best I can with what I know! God has a way of taking our worst decisions and making them into something that He can work with. In fact the greatest victories that I have experienced in my life are those that God has snatched from the jaws of defeat!
So why am I sharing all of this today? Well, let's just say that God has led me into conquering one of those final frontiers of my life. I am not sure where He is taking me, but I am willing to trust and listen to what He wants me to do. Sometimes I think space exploration would be less frightening for the Pudgeman! I am convinced that even if I don't get what I desire right now, I will get the best that God has in store for me and He will make my path clear. My advice about conquering any final frontier is a simplistic plan. First of all pray about the final frontier that you personally need to conquer, then read Romans Chapter 8. Repeat this process three times a day and listen! Listen to what? Listen to God! He will stretch you and lead you in ways that you can't even imagine possible. Be blessed beyond belief today.

7 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger where's jim? said...

I got a word down in Alabama. Jesus did not lead anyone to cope with an difficulty or a trial. Jesus did not help anyone to "manage" an addiction or tolerate an infirmity or injustice. Jesus leads to victory and through any frontier that was set before them and He will with you too. All we have to do is claim it in His Name...

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Absolute Victory Absolutely! B4T

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger big j said...

I do think you have a pin and a cup also um... Someone forgot to say that. :->

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Alright, I do have the pin still, but the handle broke on the cup years ago! But that's it! B4T

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Jay said...

If you ask me, which you didn't, I'm suprised that you didn't tell about your Phaser, and that cute little strechie space uniform you hide under your bed.

Now thats where no man has gone before!!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

To boldly go where no man has gone before...Are you talking about inside my head? :-)

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Kodiak said...

To baldly go...ONOM ;-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home