Monday, May 08, 2006

Trying To Do It All

You know, I was thinking. This morning I was talking to ONOM on my way in to work. We were discussing how our weekends (especially Sunday's) have just gotten jam packed full of activities! We made an executive Mollette decision that we were going to go to God and ask Him for an eighth day during the week so that we could fit it all in! We're gonna wait for His response on this. We all realize that God took one day during the week of creation to rest! God took a break from it all. Was God tired? Did He need to play a little golf? Why did God need to rest? In my humble opinion the only purpose that this day of rest served was to set an example for all of us carbon based life forms! God wants us to take time to relax and recooperate! He wants us to take time to think about Him and to reflect on what He has done for us! God knew that in the year 2006 there would be this Pudge guy talking to another guy named ONOM and they would hit on this topic!
I personally have to remember to keep perspective on things. What is really important right now might not be so important six months down the road. What is not important right now could turn in to something that is extremely important overnight. It's all about what is happening today. I think this is why the "live one day at a time" philosophy is so important! I know that I must work to earn a living. I also know that I must be involved in the work of the Father. He has called me to do certain things and I need to be obedient! Then there is family and friends that want and need my time. Then you throw in spending time with Rachel, yard work, going to the gym, softball practice, worship service, small groups, fixing the car, etc..... Pretty soon it's Monday morning and the weekend has gone by in a flash! Can you believe that it is May 8th and I haven't even swung a golf club this year? Please don't get me wrong, because I am not complaining. I really love my life! God has blessed me tremendously. I just need to make sure and keep the main thing the main thing.
Pastor Tom's sermon yesterday about praising God with community was a timely one for me. Relationships are the key. I find myself working on many different relationships during the week and knowing that they are all important. Keep perspective, make priorities, take some time to rest and refresh. Most importantly remember that "God made the Sabbath for man, not man for the Sabbath". Be blessed beyond belief today!

7 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were you two complaining about softball practice? tsk tsk...

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RECOOPERATE?? Is that what chickens do before they go to sleep?? God gave us all the same amount of time (where have I heard that before?). Or as I have heard it said, "how can you be in two places at once when you are really no where at all or are we only in it for the money?". Time is our most valuable resource and we must listen closely to how the Spirit convicts us to use it.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

LBOM, we were not complaining about anything. Just making an observation that our lives are very full! Especially Sunday! Just read my blog, don't read INTO it! B4T

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're sore aren't you?

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Doug E. Pudge said...

Yes I am! How 'bout you?

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just my back...

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Jay said...

When we last talked, I mentioned that this would be a good blog topic.
Your response to me was " I aint gonna post it".
I am sooo in your head!
And a word to coach, I NEVER complain about being sore from softball.
It's the walk back to the car that gets me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home